Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel like doing bodily harm

+22
Denise M
Brenda
pugsandkids
We're Here
H the P
ForeverHopper
Puglove2
Pugsaunt
Puggered
DappleDoxieStaff
Aussie Witch
Not Afraid
pugasaurus
northernwitch
puglover22
TxAllieGrl
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Renee
Amber
Maryjo
Saira
Miss Pit
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I feel like doing bodily harm Empty I feel like doing bodily harm

Post  Miss Pit 10/5/2010, 3:56 pm

My MIL dropped her 8 pound mini long hair doxie,Ginger off at a kill shelter for peeing in the house. She got Ginger for free off of CL back in March. She was bitching that Ginger was going potty indoors for several weeks now and I told her she probably has a bladder infection and she should bring her to the vet. Instead of asking my husband and me for help in finding a rescue or even taking the dog to the vet for her,she went and dropped her off at a kill shelter on Friday. Ginger takes phenobarbitol and also thyroid medication. I am so pissed,sad and disappointed. I called the shelter explained that I was with rescue and asked if Ginger was still there and they told me she was no longer available. So I asked if she was adopted and I was told she wasn't available. I know what that means. I'm so upset. The MIL also has a puggle that she uses a shock collar on. Not only does she shock Yuma(puggle)for barking,but for anything that she doesn't like him doing. I never want to see my husband's mother again.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Trish

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

I feel like doing bodily harm Empty Re: I feel like doing bodily harm

Post  Guest 10/5/2010, 4:04 pm

Wow, I almost feel speechless .First off there would be a slight chance in hell I would ever speak with her again. I can't believe the shelter won't tell you what is up.
I'm really not sure what to say beyond this,the poor dog.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/5/2010, 4:05 pm

Trish I am so sorry, that is awful. I'm with you, I'd be furious and probaby not speak to her again (but I hold grudges like that). Poor Ginger. Crying or Very sad
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 10/5/2010, 4:06 pm

Oh no... I can't believe she didn't let you take the dog and help her.

How sad, and what a lack of trust on your MIL's part.

If I knew someone (related or not) who did something like that AFTER I offered to help, I would drop them from my life. But that is me, and you can't help who your in-laws are...

Can you go to the shelter and check?

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 10/5/2010, 4:06 pm

Wow! I would feel like doing bodily harm too if that were my mother-in-law. Hell, I don't even know her and I feel like doing bodily harm. How horrible!!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/5/2010, 4:09 pm

Oh My God! Speechless is almost right...except, I have a lot I would like to say!

I don't know that I could ever, ever have a relationship with someone that is that careless and cruel to dogs. She must have known you would have helped!

I'm not sure I could go without speaking up. I would have to confront her, and ask her to hand over that poor puggle!

What does your husband have to say?

I can't believe kill shelters even exist anymore.

I am just sick for you Trish!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/5/2010, 4:10 pm

Saira wrote:Trish I am so sorry, that is awful. I'm with you, I'd be furious and probaby not speak to her again (but I hold grudges like that). Poor Ginger. Crying or Very sad

Oh, I hold grudges too....but, I prefer to look at it like lesson learned, and no drama please. So, not a grudge - but a lesson learned.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/5/2010, 4:34 pm

This is just awful. I don't even know what to say.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 10/5/2010, 4:42 pm

arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!

I feel like doing bodily harm 257673

I'm sorry you are sort-of related to her Trish. After you bust your ass to try to save dogs, and all you do for rescue, this has to be a slap in the face.

You can't fix stupid...

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  puglover22 10/5/2010, 4:52 pm

what an ignorant ignorant woman.....what does your husband have to say about his mother? I'm so sorry.....
puglover22
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 10/5/2010, 5:03 pm

Renee wrote:
Saira wrote:Trish I am so sorry, that is awful. I'm with you, I'd be furious and probaby not speak to her again (but I hold grudges like that). Poor Ginger. Crying or Very sad

Oh, I hold grudges too....but, I prefer to look at it like lesson learned, and no drama please. So, not a grudge - but a lesson learned.

I like that Renee! Gonna have to use that the next time I get a lecture about grudges.
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 10/5/2010, 5:14 pm

Jesus H. Christ. So I am assuming the dog was euthanized--what else could it be.

I am sorry, Trish. I have a family member or two who are not much different. Really makes you want to wring necks......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 10/5/2010, 5:22 pm

Wow, what a clueless waste of oxygen. Poor dog.
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 10/5/2010, 5:49 pm

My SIL is similar and I simply told her I cannot be a part of her life when she doesn't care to take care of her animals (before it was her children). If you can't take care of them, don't get pregnant or don't get a pet.

I'm a stickler for allowing idiots in my life who take up space in my head and don't pay me rent.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/5/2010, 6:07 pm

I wouldn't hold a grudge. I'd give her what for, never speak to her again and completely forget about her. No need to remember about the grudge!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 10/5/2010, 6:59 pm

I am so very, very sorry ... that poor little girl deserved so much better. The DappleDuo will light a candle for her.
I'd be tempted to do bodily harm as well ... and your poor hubby to be caught in the middle.
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Number of posts : 787

http://dappledoxiestaff.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 10/5/2010, 7:35 pm

Life is too short to waste on grudges. Light a candle for the poor little one and tell your husband why. Make sure that this dropkick knows that you want to be first stop next time. (Sadly, there will be a next time. Crying or Very sad )

Stupid, hurtful family are the absolute pits. Hugs to you....

Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 10/5/2010, 7:38 pm

[/quote]

The shelter is 2 hours North of me and I am under the influence of pain meds because of the flare ups(Fibromyalgia) I'm having because of this. So drivng right now,would not be good. I do have a rescue friend that lives around there that does ACD and Border Collie rescue and I have left her a message to see if she can find out for sure if Ginger is dead or alive and go from there.

Thank you all for your input and support. I want nothing to do with MIL. I just feel numb and deflated. My husband is upset also and respects how I am feeling.

Trish

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/5/2010, 7:44 pm

Miss Pit wrote:

The shelter is 2 hours North of me and I am under the influence of pain meds because of the flare ups(Fibromyalgia) I'm having because of this. So drivng right now,would not be good. I do have a rescue friend that lives around there that does ACD and Border Collie rescue and I have left her a message to see if she can find out for sure if Ginger is dead or alive and go from there.

Thank you all for your input and support. I want nothing to do with MIL. I just feel numb and deflated. My husband is upset also and respects how I am feeling.

Trish

[/quote]

Trish, where is the shelter? I have friends and family in MN, maybe someone is closer who could take a look?
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/5/2010, 7:52 pm

Oh, this is just awful! In my belief system (Tibetan Buddhism), the emotion that rules a being's life determines the realm in which a being is reborn. Ignorance puts a being in the animal realm. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this unfortunate person who is controlled by the poison of ignorance. I will say a prayer for Ginger tonight.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 10/5/2010, 7:57 pm

Saira wrote:
Miss Pit wrote:

Trish

Trish, where is the shelter? I have friends and family in MN, maybe someone is closer who could take a look?[/quote]

Thank you Saira. I just sent you a pm. I really appreciate you doing this.

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 10/5/2010, 8:23 pm

wow, what an evil woman! what is wrong with her?? those poor doggies.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverHopper 10/5/2010, 9:31 pm

I am speechless. I hold grudges when it comes to defensless animals. I just dont understand WHY people want pets and then treat them like crap! Argghhhhhh! hair pull
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 10/6/2010, 9:12 am

Trish, I am so sorry, what an appalling thing to happen. Your MIL sounds like a simply dreadful woman. Poor little Ginger.
Someone once told me that we can choose our friends, but not our relatives. In this particular case, I think they are absolutely right. sigh

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  We're Here 10/7/2010, 11:02 am

Sigh, it's not that there wasn't a dachshund rescue. But the whole incident reflects: pounds being too understaffed or rushed to call a rescue especially when the dog requires medication and it's an owner turn in, CL dogs are not welcomed back by the person giving them away, CL needs to be open to advertising chests of drawers and garage sales, but not dogs.

We're Here

Number of posts : 893

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next