Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate bumps!

+7
lisamak
Eph91
Aussie Witch
Renee
pugasaurus
northernwitch
Amanda
11 posters

Go down

I hate bumps! Empty I hate bumps!

Post  Amanda 10/13/2010, 10:02 pm

Being in the forum world for so many years has been so incredibly educational but it's also made me ridiculously paranoid about every little bump and burp! Lucy has a little bump on her side that I really haven't thought much about until Kyle started bringing it up every day and he swears it's growing even though I really don't think it is. It feels almost scabby to me so I figured it was just a healing injury of some sort but he's got me paranoid enough that I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow. I'm trying to make myself feel better by saying "oh it's in a really good place to get clean margins." Of course it's automatically an MCT. If it turns out to be a wart or a bug bite, I'm never listening to Kyle again! Very Happy
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

I hate bumps! Empty Re: I hate bumps!

Post  northernwitch 10/13/2010, 10:21 pm

But.....but.....but he's a SCIENTIST!!!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 10/13/2010, 10:22 pm

And good luck at the vet's. Welcome to the "More money contributed to the vet through paranoia than actual illness" club. Although I have spent a fair bit on actual illness......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 10/13/2010, 10:32 pm

northernwitch wrote:And good luck at the vet's. Welcome to the "More money contributed to the vet through paranoia than actual illness" club. Although I have spent a fair bit on actual illness......

Now that my guys are getting old, we're at the vet. A lot. Luckily, most of the time it's nothing. And on the bright side, we now have done baseline blood work for most of them due to my paranoia.

I hope that it turns out to be nothing.
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/14/2010, 1:09 am

northernwitch wrote:And good luck at the vet's. Welcome to the "More money contributed to the vet through paranoia than actual illness" club. Although I have spent a fair bit on actual illness......

Hey, I'm a member of that club! I am super paranoid!

Hope the bump is nothing, but glad you are getting it looked at.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/14/2010, 2:07 am

Hope it's nothing, Amanda!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 10/14/2010, 6:13 am

You're right--I, too, have become paranoid. The only good news is, on *most* of the occasions I've had the vet aspirate a bump, we've known right away if it was bad or benign. Emmet's recent one (the one he had surgery for last week, and the results are less-than-conclusive) is the only exception so far...hoping you find out it's nothing!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  lisamak 10/14/2010, 8:59 am

Good luck - we were just at the vet yesterday to get a bump on Norman looked at. $115 later vet is pretty sure its a sebaceous cyst and just wants us to watch it (he looked at a sample under microscope and didn't see anything nefarious). Hoping you get a quick and re-assuring answer as well.
lisamak
lisamak

Number of posts : 160

http://www.mydogcatering.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/14/2010, 11:52 am

Add me to the list! Hooli's bump is still there-we had an appointment to take the boys in Saturday anyways for their nails so our vet said he'd take a look then. Good thing I never need to spend money on anything other than the puggies. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 10/14/2010, 11:59 am

welcome to the hypochondriacs r us club! I say, better safe than sorry. hope it's a wart. lol
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 10/14/2010, 12:03 pm

I think that is how my vet got his current Escalade... Shocked

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

I hate bumps! Empty Bumps on Head

Post  IGTNMT 1/24/2011, 3:20 pm

Hi there!

My apologies for not posting anything recently have been very busy coming back from the Holidays and on vacation. I posted several months ago about my two pugs Ronin and Bella. Ronin is three years old and Bella is now three months old. I took her in last Saturday for a check up in her ears, they were dirty and slightly infected also a check up no her head. She started out with one large bump on her head, with two small ones, and now has grown to 5 total bumps. The vet told me to give her Benadryl morning and night, 1/4 of the pill and check back on February 8, 2011 when she gets her last set of shots. The bumps are the same color as her skin, not itchy Bella acts as if they are not there, no flaking going on. I am going to give her a bath to see if something is on her skin irritating her.

Thank you

IGTNMT
IGTNMT
IGTNMT

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down