Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CA Vet

5 posters

Go down

CA Vet Empty CA Vet

Post  Amanda 6/3/2009, 9:49 pm

I know it's far fetched but have any of you CA folks ever heard of Dr. Carey Zumpano? He's the new vet we're going to see. He got his degree at UC Davis and worked in L.A. and Marin. His wife got a job at Hopkins so now he's here. I've read great things about him and am very excited to meet with him. From what I've read, it seems he was pretty well regarded in the Southern CA area but who knows!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

CA Vet Empty Re: CA Vet

Post  Not Afraid 6/3/2009, 11:35 pm

Do you know what vet he was associated with?
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/3/2009, 11:44 pm

Not Afraid wrote:Do you know what vet he was associated with?
Copied from his site:

Dr. Zumpano received his veterinary degree from UC Davis in 1996 and completed an internship in surgery and emergency medicine at California Animal Hospital in Los Angeles. After completing his training, he worked in Philadelphia and in southern California, in general practice and emergency medicine.

In 2000, Dr. Zumpano began practicing in Baltimore and in 2002 was voted Baltimore’s “Best Vet.” In 2003 he completed advanced certification in general practice and became a Diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in Canine and Feline Practice. He worked at Animal Medical Center in Mount Washington for 4 years, before the family returned to California. Once back in California, he worked in emergency and critical care medicine at the Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin. In 2007, Dr. Zumpano’s wife, Sara, was offered a faculty position at Johns Hopkins. Happily, they have returned and settled here “for good.” Their family includes their two children, Ian and Ava, a dog of unknown breed heritage named Winnie, and a 3-legged cat named Grover.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 6/4/2009, 12:18 am

I don't know him or his name. UC Davis is the primary school for vet. medicine around here. Well known and well respected. It is where some of the local rescues bring their more difficult cases (liver shunts, etc.). It is also where they have a big behavioral department for doggies like my Ruby. We're trying to get her in there for an appt.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 6/4/2009, 2:06 am

We used to take the boys to the California Animal Hospital when we lived in LA. It's a great animal hospital and is generally regarded as one of the better ones in town. It's also known as a great teaching hospital. Not familiar with that particular vet. The California Animal Hospital is set up as 4 or 5 different suites and each suite has their own practice of 2-5 vets. We loved our vet and another one of their vets in another suite (not our regular) saved Chester's eyesight with some fancy surgical skills when his eyeball dislodged.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/4/2009, 10:33 am

Thanks guys! I'm really excited to meet with him. Seems odd but I've had a few bad vet experiences and just want to find someone I like that we can stick with and build a good relationship with. He just built a brand new facility about a year ago that looks really nice. I was reading an article last night about the architecture and color choices, etc. He really put alot of thought into it.

I knew UC Davis was well regarded from all my research when Hoover was sick.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 6/4/2009, 11:57 am

Sounds like an awesome vet! Let us know how it goes!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum