Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do do cringe when you get certain emails? Rescue related

+6
Renee
TNPUGMOMOF3
Saira
Dboardman
Brenda
papaspugs
10 posters

Go down

Do do cringe when you get certain emails? Rescue related Empty Do do cringe when you get certain emails? Rescue related

Post  papaspugs 10/20/2010, 8:39 am

We have 3 shelters in the surrounding area. There are 3 people who have my email for pug rescue. I just cringe when I open my email account and see an email from one of these people because I know that it is going to be a plea for a pug. Obviously, it is better than the shelters work with rescue vs the alternative, but it would be magical if there weren't pugs in need in the first place Crying or Very sad

Specifically, I got an email from the Cleveland shelter for two black pugs that were found by a home health nurse. Cleveland has some really rural areas so there is no telling where they were found. The female looks like she has recently nursed and the male is in tact. Ugh!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Do do cringe when you get certain emails? Rescue related Empty Re: Do do cringe when you get certain emails? Rescue related

Post  Brenda 10/20/2010, 8:59 am

Ugh is right cuz where are they going to go??
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Do do cringe when you get certain emails? Rescue related Empty Re: Do do cringe when you get certain emails? Rescue related

Post  Dboardman 10/20/2010, 1:00 pm

I am not sure what help my wife and I could be but we are just about settled in now and we have the next 2 months of nothing before my wife is due. If a situation comes up where you might need a temp home for a while maybe we could help. As long as they are good with other pugs we would be okay with it.
Dboardman
Dboardman

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/20/2010, 1:05 pm

Yes, that's one of the frustrations with rescue and why it's a 24/7 job-no matter if you have your own job, life, family. Those emails/calls are the worst because you know the alternative is horrible, but if there is no room, then what? It's not like you can just not answer emails for a week (but boy, would I like to!).

Poor puggies!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 10/20/2010, 1:08 pm

Jana, in my case it's more when certain people call my cell. When they pop up I always know it's a pug that needs rescue. Some of them are great and are willing to help with the process, but others just expect me to take over and make it all ok. Typically I am ok with that, but right now with trying to sell my home, relocation and a new job, I am at times, a little overwhelmed already. But nothing I am doing is worth risking a pug.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/20/2010, 1:10 pm

I'll tell you what made me cringe a few weeks ago...

We have these dogs (non-pugs) that were seized as part of an animal hoarding / cruelty case. They case was finally finished (woman was convicted over 50 counts of animal cruelty), and so then the dogs we had became elligible for adoption.

Well, the news did a little story on it, and our name showed up as one of the rescues that has some of the dogs.

Do you think people started calling?? Yes, and guess what they said, "Hi, I'm So-and-so, I'm calling because I want one of those abused dogs."

Made me so sick! Who calls and asks for an "abused dog"? It was all about the sensationalism. I had to call those people back, and all they wanted was to talk about the case, the dogs in relation to the case, and can they please just come meet them? Oh no, no application, just wanna see the abused dogs.

Sigh.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 10/20/2010, 1:28 pm

Renee wrote:...It was all about the sensationalism. I had to call those people back, and all they wanted was to talk about the case, the dogs in relation to the case, and can they please just come meet them? Oh no, no application, just wanna see the abused dogs.

And the calls I am taking this week have been about "Can I come down and see the dogs and pick out which one I want?"

We tell them the dogs are in foster homes, and to fill out apps, but still... hair pull
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/20/2010, 2:06 pm

Dboardman wrote:I am not sure what help my wife and I could be but we are just about settled in now and we have the next 2 months of nothing before my wife is due. If a situation comes up where you might need a temp home for a while maybe we could help. As long as they are good with other pugs we would be okay with it.

I'm sure a rescue group is going to be very grateful for your offer! hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 10/20/2010, 4:32 pm

Dboardman wrote:I am not sure what help my wife and I could be but we are just about settled in now and we have the next 2 months of nothing before my wife is due. If a situation comes up where you might need a temp home for a while maybe we could help. As long as they are good with other pugs we would be okay with it.
I found the foster application on SEPRA's web site. Very Happy http://www.rescuepug.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=374&Itemid=120
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna 10/20/2010, 8:58 pm

Definitely fill out a foster app. We can always use more foster homes even if its only on a temporary basis. Just be upfront and let them know you are expecting a child but that you would like to do your part to help.
Deanna
Deanna

Number of posts : 349

http://www.pugrescueofmo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down