Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Boy Fundraiser

+7
Brenda
couchpugs
LisaIzzyAggy
Saira
Aussie Witch
GingerSnap
Lilos Mom
11 posters

Go down

Big Boy Fundraiser Empty Big Boy Fundraiser

Post  Lilos Mom 6/4/2009, 11:05 pm

I just had to share with you guys because I'm so geeked!! We just did a fundraiser this evening at the local Big Boy restaurant. We raised $700.00 in 4 hours!! The Big Boy was rocking with Pug supporters. The line was out the door a couple of times for seating. The wait staff told us it was the biggest fundraiser they'd had and they were all exausted!! The front counter where all the desserts are kept was empty!!

We had people bringing us donations of bedding, diapers for my foster "Toby" blankets, frontline, I can't even remember everything that was brought tonight. We've had such a down week with losing our "Lizzie" Sunday afternoon and tonight seeing all the Pug people and Volunteers coming for dinner and supporting us my heart just swelled with pride.

This was our first restaurant fundraiser and wow, it's something we'll be doing more of!!
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Big Boy Fundraiser Empty Re: Big Boy Fundraiser

Post  GingerSnap 6/4/2009, 11:28 pm

I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad that it was such a success! What do you attribute the success to? How did you market it? How did you a) get people there, and b) get them to bring such useful donations?
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/4/2009, 11:34 pm

WOW - congratulations! Drinking
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/4/2009, 11:38 pm

That is awesome, congratulations!!!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 6/5/2009, 7:47 am

AWESOME!! Drinking
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 6/5/2009, 7:57 am

Fantastic !!! It is amazing how people will come out of the walls for food !! oh... wait these are PUG poeple .. where there is food we will be !! LOL

GREAT JOB....
couchpugs
couchpugs

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 6/5/2009, 8:45 am

WOW!! That is awesome!! Good for you! Please answer Ginger's questions as I want to know, too. Also, how did you raise the money? A portion of everyone's bill?
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 6/5/2009, 9:14 am

Congrats!!! That is just wonderful!!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 6/5/2009, 9:23 am

That's amazing, congratulations!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/5/2009, 12:13 pm

How fantastic! I am grinning from ear to ear thinking of all the pug supporters you brought out.

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 6/5/2009, 2:12 pm

That's terrific! I'd totally show up for a Big Boy's fundraiser. They've all but disappeared in CA and I really miss their speghetti chili over a hamburger bun.

Great work on the fundraiser!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 6/5/2009, 6:02 pm

GingerSnap wrote:I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad that it was such a success! What do you attribute the success to? How did you market it? How did you a) get people there, and b) get them to bring such useful donations?

We had the cutest dang flyer on the front page of the website for approx 3 weeks. One of my volunteers took the face of Scrappy one of our rescues and put it on Big Boys face and used scrappys paws for the hands of Big Boy, it was sooo cute. We have a events emailing list of approx 4,000 people two reminders were sent to the list. We printed the flyer and hung it up everywhere businesses would let us. I think using Big Boy because it's very family friendly and not that expensive helped too. We received 10% of all total sales from 5:00pm to 9:00pm but the one thing I really liked is they did'nt have to bring in the flyer!! It was a straight 10% of sales between those hours. As for the donations, I find often times people visit our "Wish List" and when we have events they bring us stuff off the list. I had one couple who had planned on attending our picnic in May their Pug of 14 years suffered a stroke that morning and passed....They were the ones who brought us his frontline, heartworm preventative, etc. They were so nice.....I would highly recommend doing a restaurant fundraiser after last night. I mean it's a win win for the rescue and the restaurant.
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down