Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winston Lands Safely

+4
Katie & Stella
northernwitch
Renee
puglouie
8 posters

Go down

Winston Lands Safely Empty Winston Lands Safely

Post  puglouie 11/15/2010, 7:09 pm

I picked up Winston from Joanne and her Mom today. It was a sad occasion all around. Everybody cried. Winston is a sweet old man and he was perfect in the car on the hour-plus ride home. As soon as he met his new owner, Pamela, he walked all over her house, checking out every room. He seems to dig the yard in the back. He's already been to the local dog store where he was gifted with a abominable snowman toy (way cute -- gonna get one for Chamuco), some new food samples, got his nails trimmed and went home with a bully stick in mouth.

Here's some photos of Winston. As you can see this story has a happy ending. The only "bad" news is he does have a noticeable limp from his hip problems and there's a thing on his eye that looks like it needs attending to. So far, I've raised about $170 for him, including my own donations. I hate to ask as everybody has bills and vet bills and Xmas is coming but if you can give even a little bit, it would help. I'm happy to send a print of any of my photos to anyone who donates and would want one. The prints will either be 8X10 or larger, on high-quality photo paper. Check out www.shyonelung.blogspot.com for a look at the work I've done this year. There's lots of pug photos there too.

Thank you to the pug folks who have sent something already -- please contact me if you'd like a photograph. I know it's not much but it's the least I could do. (I didn't want to mention your names unless you wanted me to -- but know we thank you muchly!)

Without further ado, here's Winston!
Chilling on the ride
Winston Lands Safely IMG_1415

With his new person
Winston Lands Safely IMG_1417

puglouie
puglouie

Number of posts : 618

Back to top Go down

Winston Lands Safely Empty Re: Winston Lands Safely

Post  Renee 11/15/2010, 7:21 pm

Bless his heart.

I am happy he is getting a happy ending.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 11/15/2010, 7:31 pm

Lovely. Just lovely to see the old man safe and sound.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie & Stella 11/15/2010, 7:47 pm

I'm so happy he has a home! Since I am unemployed and can't donate, I would be willing to donate my graphic design services/photography to help raise money. For those needing design work, instead of paying me just donate to Winston's medical fund. Items I will design in exchange for donation:

- Business logo
- Holiday cards
- Business cards
- Invitations
- Anything else you can think of

If you're interested, just PM me and I'll send you a link to my design portfolio. I'd also be willing to send people prints of various Stella photos for donation.
Very Happy
Katie & Stella
Katie & Stella

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 11/15/2010, 8:13 pm

Where would we send a donation? He is one handsome pug boy! I have a soft spot for those seniors. hug dog

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 11/15/2010, 8:40 pm

Maryjo wrote:Where would we send a donation? He is one handsome pug boy! I have a soft spot for those seniors. hug dog

Maryjo--if you look in original post about Winston, Elizabeth lists her email addy as the place to send PayPal donations.

ETA: here's the info from the original post about him:
If you want to make a donation, you can do it through Paypal. Use my email address (emcosin (at) mac (dot) com) and please mark the payment "Winston".
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 11/15/2010, 8:52 pm

I hope he adjusts well and everything goes well for him.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  puglouie 11/16/2010, 3:25 am

Thank you to everyone for your wishes and donations. The boundlessness of the generosity of pug people continues to warm my heart. We've got a local vet here who has agreed to see Winston at a discount -- so everything is coming together for him. (He was really impressed that someone would adopt a 13-year-old dog.) Anyway, I wanted to share with you that Pamela (Winston's new person) has called me several times tonight to tell me all the things she and Winston have been doing together. The joy in her voice is palpable.

She bought him a comfy bed and put it on the couch and he slept next to her while she watched a movie. Then she walked him around the block (a short walk) and then later, she and Winston drove into the town square and they went belly up to the local bar where dogs ARE allowed (Chamuco and Louie both have regular seats there). Apparently Winston wowed everybody and I'm going to have to explain to the Pug Hill boys that they've got competition for Pug King of Healdsburg. Later, our mutual friend Carlo fell asleep on the couch with Winston and Pamela called to say how funny it was that she didn't know which one was snoring louder. I told her to film it. I hope she does.

Pamela doesn't know it yet but she's obviously been pugged. pug2
puglouie
puglouie

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 11/16/2010, 5:55 am

What a darling old boy. He looks amazingly good for a teenager! A huge thank you to everyone who has helped him to a safe new home - and I agree that his new person looks totally pugged! hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 11/16/2010, 10:30 am

Winston is a cutie patootie! hug dog Thank you for helping him. It looks & sounds like he's found a wonderful new home. Yay! Tell Pamela that she needs to join us over here at PA. Wink
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  puglouie 11/17/2010, 3:12 am

I'm down in LA for a few days but my husband reports that Winston has made a great impression on our little town. Apparently our local bar is living up to the term "watering hole" -- when Pamela brings Winston in, they put a bowl of water on the bar and he just laps it up from his seat. I can't wait to see this in person.

Pamela won't likely join us here as she's not very internet savvy but I'll make sure to keep y'all updated with pictures and happenings of Winston.

Thank you everyone who has sent in donations. I'm overwhelmed. Please PM me if you'd like one of my photos and which one you want -- I'll need your snail mail address for shipping them. I'll have them printed in the next 2-3 weeks -- just in time for Christmas. Don't be shy people -- I'm happy to give you something in return. For those that haven't looked, you can look for one at www.shyonelung.blogspot.com. Once at my blog, if you click on the photos in the upper right hand corner, you can look through my collection on Flickr. If any of those catch your eye, I can print those as well.

While I can't frame or matte the photos, I will be printing them professionally on fine photo paper with archival inks. They're not fine art but you might find something you like that would look nice on your wall. They're almost all larger than 8x10 -- so they're really nicely sized. Again, it's the least I can do. I won't hound y'all any longer. Just striking while Winston is in everyone's thoughts.
puglouie
puglouie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down