Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I rescued a human today (tissue alert!)

+5
Puggered
Saira
Pugsavers
Maryjo
Renee
9 posters

Go down

I rescued a human today (tissue alert!) Empty I rescued a human today (tissue alert!)

Post  Renee 1/31/2011, 1:36 pm

I rescued a human today

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

I rescued a human today (tissue alert!) Empty Re: I rescued a human today (tissue alert!)

Post  Maryjo 1/31/2011, 2:23 pm

I've seen that before and it always brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks for the reminder of why I am into rescue. hug dog

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

I rescued a human today (tissue alert!) Empty Re: I rescued a human today (tissue alert!)

Post  Pugsavers 1/31/2011, 4:01 pm

Wow, I never saw that one before. Thank you so much for posting it. It's so, so true.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 1/31/2011, 4:03 pm

I hadn't seen that exact one before. I love it. And I love my rescue babies so much (Hooli too of course but he lacks that certain..well, gratefulness. Laughing ).
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 2/1/2011, 2:03 am

Yes, no matter how often you see it it always makes your throat catch and your chest tighten - one of my favourites. hug dog
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/1/2011, 5:23 am

Yes, always love reading that. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 2/1/2011, 6:13 pm

I think it would do every humans soul good to be rescued; I know it did mine!
Thanks for sharing!
hug dog

Saira wrote:(Hooli too of course but he lacks that certain..well, gratefulness. Laughing ).

But he does bring a smile to your face! Very Happy

HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 2/1/2011, 6:20 pm

Ugghhh total tissue alert but I loved it!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 2/3/2011, 7:35 am

Puggered wrote:Yes, no matter how often you see it it always makes your throat catch and your chest tighten - one of my favourites. hug dog
Absolutely.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down