Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In memory of......

+2
Millie'sMichael
northernwitch
6 posters

Go down

In memory of...... Empty In memory of......

Post  northernwitch 2/28/2011, 2:37 pm

I always like to make a donation in memory of a dog gone to the Bridge. I can't always afford to, but if I can I do. I had asked Michael if there was a charity or other organization that I could donate to in Millie's memory.

If any one else is interested, here's the link he sent me:

Millie's hospital matches any donations made to the Washington Animal Rescue League. Just note "Friendship Fund" and Friendship Hospital for Animals will be asked for a match. Here's a link:

http://www.friendshiphospital.com/community/fund.html
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

In memory of...... Empty Re: In memory of......

Post  Millie'sMichael 2/28/2011, 2:44 pm

Thank you, Blanche. That's a lovely gesture. Millie was quite well-loved at Friendship Hospital for Animals. It would be nice to get their match for any donations made in Millie's name.
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 2/28/2011, 3:37 pm

Michael - do you have a preference between WHS and WARL? I can go online and make a donation directly to them. Otherwise, I have to send a check to the hospital. Not sure if the online donations are matched tho. Either way, I'd like to to a little something. Wink
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 2/28/2011, 4:30 pm

I think either of them are fine organizations, Mel. I did not see a way to designate the Friendship Fund for online donations, but I bet you could email them and let them know that you would like the matching gift from the hospital. It would be to their benefit to follow up on your request. Thanks very much.
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Back to top Go down

Post  Tocents 3/1/2011, 2:23 pm

I'll send a check on Friday. Looks easy enough-pick either org, mail the check and write Friendship Fund in the Memo portion of the check. I can do that.
Tocents
Tocents

Number of posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/1/2011, 3:07 pm

I just donated to WARL in Millie's name. I know she's at the Bridge with all our other favorite pug lady diva's who've gone ahead (and they are probably gossiping about us).

hug dog

Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 3/1/2011, 3:23 pm

Tocents wrote:I'll send a check on Friday. Looks easy enough-pick either org, mail the check and write Friendship Fund in the Memo portion of the check. I can do that.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna mail a check as well. Want to make sure they do the match. Wink
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 3/1/2011, 3:44 pm

Millie's doctor called me yesterday, as she was not in the hospital when Millie died and she wanted to check on me and express her sympathy. I told her that some dear friends had inquired about making a donation in Millie's name and that I had directed them to the Friendship Fund. She was so grateful, and said that we could be sure the money would be put to good use.

I do love you pug people. Millie would be so proud.
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Back to top Go down

Post  Donandpug 3/2/2011, 7:45 pm

HM has ordered the Keeper of the Privy Purse to make a suitable donation.
Millie will help countless other dog friends in need.
Donandpug
Donandpug

Number of posts : 89

http://donaldopato.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2011, 8:27 am

I'm a little late but will be sending them a donation today. Millie was such a grand dame her memory will be cherished by all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 3/9/2011, 10:50 am

Thanks again. Y'all are the best.
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum