Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's Got a New Show

+5
Aussie Witch
Saira
northernwitch
GingerSnap
MandyPug
9 posters

Go down

He's Got a New Show Empty He's Got a New Show

Post  MandyPug 5/4/2011, 7:05 pm

Brad Pattison that is.

Yeah i know i'm breaking my silence but i had to tell you all that BP has a new show called Puppy SOS and tonight's episode on The Slice features an 8 week old Pug.

Here's the description:
Puppy SOS - 7
Chain is a tiny, adorable 8-week-old Pug in a brand new home, yet the chaos has already begun! He’s starting to chew, nip and isn’t interested in house training. His extended family doesn’t know where to start with fixing him and they have another shock in store for them when they realize how much control this tenacious pup already has.
http://www.slice.ca/Shows/EpisodeGuide.aspx?Title_Id=260207&Root_Title_Id=260216

The damned dog is 8 weeks old. Of course it's not house trained! If these idiot owners are turning to BP this early it seems perhaps they got that pup too young which would explain the nipping especially.

Plus if the stuff he shows on his TV shows is what's safe enough and tame enough to show on TV, imagine what's going on behind the scenes...

Ugh. I don't know if i wanna watch to holler at it or just save myself the stress and pretend it's not on.

Anyways... Back to my shadowy dark silent corner again.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

He's Got a New Show Empty Re: He's Got a New Show

Post  Guest 5/4/2011, 7:10 pm

I don't know who he is? the pup is only 8weeks, eck.....
and please come back out, we would like to hear more from you.

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 5/4/2011, 7:44 pm

I don't know Brad Pattison, but I'm assuming from context that he's a negative-based trainer? (And I hope you'll emerge from the shadows more often! Very Happy )
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/4/2011, 8:02 pm

GingerSnap wrote:I don't know Brad Pattison, but I'm assuming from context that he's a negative-based trainer? (And I hope you'll emerge from the shadows more often! Very Happy )
He has a show called At the End of My Leash. And he's so negative based he makes Cesar Millan look like St. Francis of Assissi. Pattison teaches dogs to sit by suspending them from their leash with both front feet off the ground. Nice, huh?

He also believes that toys, treats are wrong and that sleeping on the bed or any furniture will make your dog aggressive......

His dog training company is called Hustle Up and he used to (maybe still does) have a Facebook page called In the Doghouse.

He has shouted down our rescue volunteers at events for having our dogs in harnesses.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 5/4/2011, 8:06 pm

northernwitch wrote:
GingerSnap wrote:I don't know Brad Pattison, but I'm assuming from context that he's a negative-based trainer? (And I hope you'll emerge from the shadows more often! Very Happy )
He has a show called At the End of My Leash. And he's so negative based he makes Cesar Millan look like St. Francis of Assissi. Pattison teaches dogs to sit by suspending them from their leash with both front feet off the ground. Nice, huh?

He also believes that toys, treats are wrong and that sleeping on the bed or any furniture will make your dog aggressive......

His dog training company is called Hustle Up and he used to (maybe still does) have a Facebook page called In the Doghouse.

He has shouted down our rescue volunteers at events for having our dogs in harnesses.

Ugh!! Why is he even around!?
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/4/2011, 8:08 pm

Here's a link from a Shiba Inu site that talks about him a bit. In his At the End of My Leash show, he also fancies himself a relationship expert and is as abusive to the humans as the dogs. Beats me why anyone ever calls on him for help. And he'll sue you ro threaten to at the drop of the hat.

http://shibashake.com/dog/in-the-doghouse-with-brad-pattison
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/4/2011, 9:41 pm

Why are arseholes like this given air-time? Isn't there enough knowledge around now to have his shows given a "sci-fi" rating? Good bloody grief.

And Mandy, don't be silly. Get out of the bloody corner. If we all yell at each other every now and then and clear the air, we can move on to the important stuff. It's all forgotten.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/4/2011, 10:08 pm

Well, I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't agree with some of his stuff, but he wasn't as awful as I expected him to be or as I've seen him be with adult dogs.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  majik 5/5/2011, 2:49 am

Wouldnt hav a clue who he is in lil old New Zealand here sounds to me like he needs nutering.

I for one have REALLY missed your beautiful photos and your weekly photo challenges (even though i suck with a camera and black pugs)

Last edited by majik on 5/5/2011, 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i suck at spelling too)
majik
majik

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  agilepug 5/5/2011, 7:59 am

I caught his show once a few years back, I'm not sure if it's currently on in the states. It was utterly horrifying, I couldn't even believe what I was seeing.

I don't understand how he has a tv show, and why anyone would go to him for training. The damage he must be doing to many of these dogs in the name of "training" is just unthinkable.

agilepug
agilepug

Number of posts : 148

http://www.westoverpugpack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 5/5/2011, 9:42 am

O heavens I pity that poor baby pug.

Mandy I have no idea why you have chosen a self-imposed silence, but geez, haven't we been punished enough for whatever it was? Please forgive us and come home, we miss you!
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 5/6/2011, 12:01 pm

I am ashamed to say that I watched Brad Pattison and his show At the End of My Leash for a couple of months before I got Juneau. I had never even heard of Ceasar Milan until after I got Juneau. Anyway, I found his tv show on Slice and because he is Canadian (and we are generally pretty nice people) I watched quite a few of his shows. I was always MORTIFIED by the way he treated the people on the show! He is an arrogant asshole and is always berating the owners. I assumed that he knew what he is doing - afterall, he had a tv show right Rolling Eyes - but thankfully, at the same time I was watching his show I was reading the book "Let the Dog Decide" and the contrast between teaching methods was huge!!! Immediately upon getting Juneau I tried to follow the "no furniture" rule and the "crate only" and the "never in the bed" rule...but that lasted a week when I realized that me and my dog were happier when we were up each other's grill. I then decided that Brad Pattison is a piece of shit on top of being an arrogant asshole. So I stopped watching him.

I recently seen a commercial introducing his new program on tv. I have no desire to look at his snarly critical face....or to yell at the stupid people who think he is a Dog God! Ummm....not!!

Ohhhhhh....and Mandy!!! Please come back! I miss hearing about Izzy and seeing pictures of Wiley E. Whatever the issue was, remember that conflict is the same as passion Laughing
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down