Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Gregory

+9
sallyandtilly
Puggered
H the P
Snifter&Toddy
Maryjo
Aussie Witch
TxAllieGrl
DappleDoxieStaff
northernwitch
13 posters

Go down

Meet Gregory Empty Meet Gregory

Post  northernwitch 5/28/2011, 10:42 pm

I think he was found as a stray and taken to the city shelter. Matted to the skin, double cherry eye and nails growing into his pads. Their vet neutered him, and tried to fix his cherry eye, but the surgery failed (or was done poorly) so he ended up in the all breed rescue. First foster home dumped him after less than 24 hours cause he pooped on the carpet (WTF?). He was taken into our local emergency and referral hospital, had his eyes re-done (by now he also had a corneal ulcer). Spent 4 or 5 days there largely because his eye drop regimen is so onerous there weren't foster folks who could do it as most folks work 9 to 5. So I agreed to take him.

He's utterly delightful, young and very sweet. Still has some mats that I'm slowly working my way through. The vet at the VEC clipped his nails while he was under for his eye surgery. He's terrible about the drops as he squirms and wiggles so much I'm terrified I'm going to poke out his eye(s). So I'm trying to come up with a way to get them in since it's a two person job. Fine on weekends when the men folk are home--tougher Mon to Fri when it's just me. So I'm calling in favours big time.

Isn't he cute?
[img]Meet Gregory Greg3[/img]
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Meet Gregory Empty Re: Meet Gregory

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 5/28/2011, 10:46 pm

Adorable ... but I wanna see his face! :-)
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Number of posts : 787

http://dappledoxiestaff.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/28/2011, 10:50 pm

I know. It's hard to get a face shot and his eyes flare badly with the flash due to the ulcers. Here's a somewhat okay shot of him....

[img]Meet Gregory Greg2[/img]
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 5/28/2011, 10:53 pm

northernwitch wrote:I know. It's hard to get a face shot and his eyes flare badly with the flash due to the ulcers. Here's a somewhat okay shot of him....

Awwww ... sweet boy!! Lhasa or shih tsu??
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/28/2011, 10:54 pm

Shih tzu, we believe. He is shaped much like Theo who is a shih tzu, I think. Nice boy. Tried to get Tank to play by biting him on the jowls. That went over like a lead balloon......

Hazel thinks he's fabulous, however.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 5/28/2011, 11:06 pm

I can't wait to see Gregory & Hazel playing!

Glad he's in your care now Blanche.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 5/28/2011, 11:10 pm

Geez, what a time he's had! All over now he's with you.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 5/29/2011, 12:39 am

Is he a cocker or lhasa mix? Or something else? He's a doll!

Oops - question answered, I should read farther. LOL
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 5/29/2011, 3:41 am

Poor little sausage. I'm sure he'll flourish now, though.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 5/29/2011, 5:38 am

Glad he's with you now, Blanche. Poor little mite didn't deserve all that's happened to him. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 5/29/2011, 6:44 am

Blanche, wrap him TIGHTLY in a towel or baby blanket so that only his head sticks out. With him swaddled like that, tuck him under one arm like you would hold a football when running with it, use that arm and your body to keep him still. You can use the hand on that side to position his head and you have one hand and arm free to administer the drops.
I've had some super exuberant panic wrigglers and this always works. I usually hold them for a good two or three minutes before I administer the meds or do their nails or whatever, the swaddling seems to calm them down a little.

It does take a little practice, but even for beginners it's always faster then trying to wake a sleeping male human. sigh
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/29/2011, 7:21 am

MJ--He might be a shih mix, for sure--not sure. He's structured like a shih, but might have some lhasa in him.

Angela, I'll try it. Problem right now is trying to get his head still enough to get the drops in and I've been told not to stress him. Yeah, right.

We'll see how it goes. I'll get in the drops somehow. He may just have to miss the 4 a.m. ones.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  DappleDoxieStaff 5/29/2011, 8:46 am

** He may just have to miss the 4 a.m. ones.**

I'll send you Nemo ... he'll be happy to get you up in time. Last three nights, he has decided that is Wake Up Time .... eerrrghh
DappleDoxieStaff
DappleDoxieStaff

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/29/2011, 8:54 am

DappleDoxieStaff wrote:** He may just have to miss the 4 a.m. ones.**

I'll send you Nemo ... he'll be happy to get you up in time. Last three nights, he has decided that is Wake Up Time .... eerrrghh
Very generous offer, Anne, that I will be turning down. And as I climbed into bed last night, I discovered a large pee spot right in the middle of my side of the bed. Hmmm.

My fault for not supervising him more closely, but I grumbled (as did Tank, Hazel and Theo who had to get off the bed) while changing the sheets. Not a happy foster mom. He crated nicely overnight, however. I did get the drops in him by papoosing him in a towel. It was still a struggle, but got it done.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 5/29/2011, 11:20 am

He's very cute and I'm so glad you got ahold of him.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 5/29/2011, 11:28 am

Poor guy. His luck is changing for the better now, now he's with you!
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 5/31/2011, 1:07 pm

I have such a soft spot for shih tzus now -- my last foster really taught me to appreciate them. Terrific little dogs! Gregory is a cutiepie. I'm glad he landed in your very capable hands.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  lotusseeds 5/31/2011, 8:54 pm

mats, I "kind of" understand, but ulcerated eyes with obvious issues I do not Crying or Very sad ...gaaah people suck!
lotusseeds
lotusseeds

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 6/17/2011, 8:02 pm

I had to go find this to see the little fellow after reading about his "attempt to claim the bed" , what a cutie ... luuvvvv
People suck , we know that but he's in mighty good hands now.
Glad the drops became a successful adventure.
I was going to recommend a twin sized sheet for capturing the intended victim. I spend most of the time alone as DH works long hours and find that a sheet , though bigger than a towel , doesn't allow escape from my torture as well. The boys would tell you I'm horridly abusive however when they look more like ET than a pug. Laughing
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/17/2011, 8:26 pm

He's become really good about the drops. I had to hog tie him for a week, but now, he sits on my lap, and I hold his muzzle and drop them in. He doesn't like it, but he isn't squirming like a worm on a hotplate anymore.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down