Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzy the pug (rescue)

+13
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Maryjo
Lilos Mom
Aussie Witch
LisaIzzyAggy
H the P
PugLady3
Mel
Saira
northernwitch
Pugsaunt
GingerSnap
Renee
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Izzy the pug (rescue) - Page 2 Empty Re: Izzy the pug (rescue)

Post  H the P 8/9/2011, 1:21 pm

Renee wrote:
MaryJo, you are absolutely right. Thank you for reminding me. I guess I need to look at this as a blessing for Izzy. What is one lost eye, when it means getting away from a home that obviously did not love her nor could care for her? Izzy is never looking back, and so neither should we. I know we saved her from a worse fate, and she is truly a remarkable pug.
Oh, Renee, how tough this is for you. But you are absolutely right - with rescue dogs, we must look forward, and try not to look back. Thanks to you, Izzy now has a future, and her past is best forgotten (however hard this may be for us to do). hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/9/2011, 2:00 pm

H the P wrote:
Renee wrote:
MaryJo, you are absolutely right. Thank you for reminding me. I guess I need to look at this as a blessing for Izzy. What is one lost eye, when it means getting away from a home that obviously did not love her nor could care for her? Izzy is never looking back, and so neither should we. I know we saved her from a worse fate, and she is truly a remarkable pug.
Oh, Renee, how tough this is for you. But you are absolutely right - with rescue dogs, we must look forward, and try not to look back. Thanks to you, Izzy now has a future, and her past is best forgotten (however hard this may be for us to do). Izzy the pug (rescue) - Page 2 335895

Amen. I heart pug rescue. And I really heart you, Renee, for saving this sweet little girl.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 8/9/2011, 2:02 pm

Renee: Of course as humans with a heart (sans former owner obviously), it's sooo hard not to think about the hows and whys though we know it brings more hurt than anything.

I'd venture to assume that poor Izzy was like that for quite more than 3-4 days. As for her, she's in good hands, happy , & healing so she really doesn't care about the past. The forgiving spirit of the dog as it is.

You've given her a HOME of LOVE and that's what she focuses on now.

Yes, she lost an eye but resiliance doesn't allow for that to bother her. She's moving on pain free and happy. She joins the ranks of some pretty classy winkers so be happy for her in the *now* , though I know it's hard. Izzy the pug (rescue) - Page 2 27965

I still occasionally think of how my Dra would have probably lost his if that woman hadn't brought him here but he's a spitfire and quickly reminds me he's forgotton and I should to. My current heartache is Mickey and his pitiful prior life which the thoughts don't pass so quickly but as he's playing,rolling around , and growling happily to himself - I know things will be okay for him to.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2