Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jackson's at the vet again :(

+20
Pugs4me
smoochieface
Snifter&Toddy
Brenda
papaspugs
Sara
Amber
pugsandkids
MommaJones
sallyandtilly
BDazzpugs
Aussie Witch
Pugsaunt
Not Afraid
DeeAnn
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
TxAllieGrl
lola's mom
dieselsmom
GingerSnap
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jackson's at the vet again  :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Jackson's at the vet again :(

Post  lola's mom 6/30/2009, 6:09 am

Glad to hear it's only a UTI. Sorry about the brutal Vet bill. That stinks.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 6/30/2009, 7:47 am

Ouch! To the vet bill and to the UTI.

Good luck with the pills and I hope he (and your wallet) feel better soon.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/30/2009, 9:30 pm

Good that it's no stones or crystals, and ouch! to the vet bill. I'm with Allie, I'd raise sand about the double x-ray charge. Give Jackson a big hug from me and Penny.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 6/30/2009, 10:15 pm

Well, when I went to bed last night, I figured out why Jackson's bladder wasn't very full for his 1st X-ray yesterday. Yep... he apparently peed on the comforter while I was in the shower yesterday morning. Rolling Eyes Nothing like crawling into bed and discovering cold smelly urine. Lovely. And stripping the sheets was just what I wanted to do at midnight or so. The good news was that it wasn't on the mattress pad or the mattress itself. Poor little guy. Poor me. Rolling Eyes
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  BDazzpugs 6/30/2009, 10:20 pm

Wow is right about the bill...ugg. I spend that in about 6-7 months. But glad to read he is ok and sorry about the comforter!
BDazzpugs
BDazzpugs

Number of posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 6/30/2009, 10:23 pm

Well, Ginger, I'm glad it wasn't stones. Give that boy kisses and tell him we hope he's feeling better soon.

I totally feel your pain on the vet bill - April was a $900 vet month in this house and who knows how much an ACL surgery will be if Kayla needs it. I always get a kick out of telling people how much I spend at the vet, cuz they all but faint when they hear that I can spend thousands at the vet in a bad year!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 6/30/2009, 10:27 pm

Ouch on the vet bill! I always cringe whenever the vet suggests x-rays because I know the bill just shot up by a couple hundred. But glad it wasn't worse. Good luck with the new food and I hope Jackson is feeling better soon. It was not fun trying to get Bruno past his UTI, crystals, peeing in bed phase, so I totally feel for you.

dieselsmom wrote:I totally feel your pain on the vet bill - April was a $900 vet month in this house and who knows how much an ACL surgery will be if Kayla needs it. I always get a kick out of telling people how much I spend at the vet, cuz they all but faint when they hear that I can spend thousands at the vet in a bad year!!

Um, Bruno's ACL surgery a couple of years ago from the ortho surgeon was $1,800. Yikes! But at least it included free follow-ups and they sent him a nice get well card after the surgery.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugs4me 6/30/2009, 10:33 pm

I hope Jackson improves on the new food. I hate the prescription stuff but sometimes you just have to do it. I was lucky with Lillie. She had recurrent UTI's and struvite crystals. It seemed like I was always taking her or some urine in for a check. Then my vet suggested trying DL Methionine for her and (knock on wood) we haven't had a problem since.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 6/30/2009, 10:34 pm

smoochieface wrote:Um, Bruno's ACL surgery a couple of years ago from the ortho surgeon was $1,800. Yikes! But at least it included free follow-ups and they sent him a nice get well card after the surgery.

My boss and I were talking about Kayla today and he asked me how much the surgery would cost and I said probably around $1,500. He's like, "You're going to spend that much?" Well, of course, you nut. What the heck else would I do? People can't imagine spending that much money on a dog, but they forget that these are my babies, so it's just normal to fix them when they're hurt, just like a human child.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 7/1/2009, 12:30 am

dieselsmom wrote:
smoochieface wrote:Um, Bruno's ACL surgery a couple of years ago from the ortho surgeon was $1,800. Yikes! But at least it included free follow-ups and they sent him a nice get well card after the surgery.

My boss and I were talking about Kayla today and he asked me how much the surgery would cost and I said probably around $1,500. He's like, "You're going to spend that much?" Well, of course, you nut. What the heck else would I do? People can't imagine spending that much money on a dog, but they forget that these are my babies, so it's just normal to fix them when they're hurt, just like a human child.

Ugh, that annoys me when people say that. I mean what would they do, put down a perfectly healthy dog with a bad knee? :(

I KNEW when I got a pug, they were an expensive breed, but still, the big vet bills stink.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/1/2009, 12:49 am

dieselsmom wrote:

Thurston's LP was something like $2400 when all was said and done. Luckily I didn't pay for most of it. I joke that my vet charges me just for walking through his door. With 11 pets and an occasional rescue, it adds up (and all but 2 of mine are under 10 years old - God help me in another 10 years!) I always tell people that are amazed by my vet bills that at least I don't have to send them to college.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/1/2009, 10:45 am

How's Jackson feeling?? Any better?

hug dog

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 7/1/2009, 10:57 am

dieselsmom wrote:

That is why I don't tell anyone how much Chloe's treatment is costing. When people do make comments, I just tell them that it's my personality flaw - I love my animals too much.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/8/2009, 1:57 pm

I'm sorry to read this, having a stone former myself. Has he ever been on Royal Canin S/O? You might ask your vet about it. It's actually for struvite and calcium stones, but I think it can aid in the dissolution of the struvites, and it comes in canned and dry.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 7/8/2009, 2:56 pm

Eph91 wrote:I'm sorry to read this, having a stone former myself. Has he ever been on Royal Canin S/O? You might ask your vet about it. It's actually for struvite and calcium stones, but I think it can aid in the dissolution of the struvites, and it comes in canned and dry.
He tried this one previously when he was 1st diagnosed several years ago. (Well, it was after the c/d but before the w/d and the l/d.) It didn't seem to do anything for the level of his struvites. Rolling Eyes

Jackson's actually on a second antibiotic. The vet wants him to continue the full 3 weeks of Clavamox but also added a week of Baytril. So the $475 vet visit just became $523 on Monday. Then I take him in again for a repeat urinalysis next week. Hopefully, everything will be OK by then.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/8/2009, 3:03 pm

Poor Jackson! Hopefully everything will be cleared up soon! Yes, I found there are certain people I never tell what my pets cost me. Indy's freaking torn nail was almost $200!!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 7/8/2009, 4:36 pm

thinking of jackson.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down