Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I could just scrrreeam

5 posters

Go down

I could just scrrreeam  Empty I could just scrrreeam

Post  Milosmom 9/10/2011, 6:31 pm

As if life wasn't full of enough crap already I could just scrrreeam  253213 .

Now Remi has added to the pot.

This morning I took the boys out for morning pottys. Everyone was motoring about, I turned my back for ONE SPLIT MINUTE to take a walnut away from Mickey (he has an obsession). When I looked back up Remi was hobbling along on 3 legs ,entirely carrying his right hind leg afraid . He was puttering around RIGHT before that and never yelped so I have NO idea what could have happened. Crying or Very sad

I grabbed him up, hurried the others in (who knew it was so hard to rush a stubborn partial sighted/deaf dog) , woke daddy and we rushed to the vet.

A small fortune later, nothing broken but he could have hurt his back or pulled a muscle. He got a steroid shot , an order for jailbird rest (which he HATES being crated in the first place), & 10 days of dexamethasone.

Sooo this evening we have one pug harbored up in the sitting room in daddys lap watching tv getting extra love(this counts as rest right I could just scrrreeam  6260 ), one screaming pug cause things aren't the norm (Milo) ,one flipped out whining whimpering pug running the hallway because he wants his brother back (Drago), and one pug happily snoozing away in the middle of the chair as he doesn't have to share with the injured (Mickey).

This week is gonna be a b*tch as I have the now injured boy who prefers his daddy [but somebodies gotta work or he doesn't eat] and Mickey goes to begin his heartworm treatment on Wed.

I feel so torn up and like a bad pugmom because this happened right behind my back and the needies are now getting more of my time , effort than the other 2 and there's just not enough of me to go around. UGH Crying or Very sad
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

I could just scrrreeam  Empty Re: I could just scrrreeam

Post  Aussie Witch 9/10/2011, 8:02 pm

So sorry Sarah! Could happen to any of us. These things can happen in the blink of an eye. Hope he heals quickly and your sanity stays intact.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 9/11/2011, 12:19 am

I'm so sorry! It's hard when you've got all the boys and then one of them goes down and the other's are pissed that things aren't normal.

By the way, that's EXACTLY how these leg/knee things happen. You blink and they go lame. Hell, sometimes you're looking right at them, see nothing and they go lame. Bruno has done that to us a couple of times. Nothing you can do about it.

Good luck with your week. I know it's hard. Lots of hugs and kisses to the boys and to you!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 9/11/2011, 10:18 am

I'm so sorry Sarah. I hope the week goes smoothly for you.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/11/2011, 2:30 pm

Please don't beat yourself up, Sarah. Things happen, and Remi is getting the best care possible. Good thoughts and prayers that he heals quickly, that Mickey's treatment goes well, and that Milo and Drago settle down.I could just scrrreeam  27965 I could just scrrreeam  870651853 I could just scrrreeam  870651853 I could just scrrreeam  870651853
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 9/11/2011, 3:36 pm

Things seem to be heading in the right direction.I could just scrrreeam  1287372947

When we woke this morning , Remi can stand on both back legs but still with difficulty. Much better than yesterday however.

He's getting more and more agitated as time goes on which makes the whole process harder. He loves to be held but HATES being carried as he thinks his 4s belong on the floor full speed ahead so doing anything with him is a battle.

We have to be out of town for a short while tomorrow though so he'll be safely confined in his crate in the quiet of the house so maybe he'll get some much needed rest. I have a friend coming a couple of times to check on him and give meds.

I'd prefer not to go at all but it's important and I think overall he'll do fine if we're not here moving around and disturbing him. He likes to follow us as we're doing stuff and seems more agitated then than if he's left alone.

I could just scrrreeam  9386 I hope this is our last run of bad crap for awhile. I've had enouggggghhh.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/11/2011, 4:20 pm

Good news that he is more mobile. Please give him a gentle hug from me and tell him to stop scaring you.I could just scrrreeam  335895
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 9/13/2011, 10:19 pm

He's walking!!!,and almost correctly again. No more knuckling under or holding his whole right side up anymore (just a little walking when I took him out to potty. I didn't let him overdo but needed to see for myself). I could just scrrreeam  78340(not exactly to this excitement level yet but I need something to be thrilled about).

I don't want to jinx anything but this is a major step in the right direction. By looking at him on Sat , I had really feared the worst.

He was in "jail" for 3 days but today there's noone here but me/the boys so I let him out and gated all of us in the sitting room where there's no furniture he can jump on. He has really enjoyed being loose and happily laid out on his blankie all day. The others were VERY happy to see him and calmly snuggled right up to him. My good boys I could just scrrreeam  4161173967
Milosmom
Milosmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/13/2011, 11:14 pm

That is excellent! It is so good that he can be on rest without his crate.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum