Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out

+10
LisaIzzyAggy
Aussie Witch
Renee
FurSprinklers
MommaJones
northernwitch
TNPUGMOMOF3
TxAllieGrl
Pugsaunt
monkeypigs4eva
14 posters

Go down

Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out Empty Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/13/2011, 7:52 pm

...or at least tell me what you think. Beagle Calvin has a new growth about the size of a bean, like half a pebble if that makes sense. It is in the crease between his back leg and groin. I found it this morning while I was rubbing his belly, which I do often, so I know this is new. He had lots of skin tags removed last year, which were found to be benign growths. This looks NOTHING like those.

I took pictures, they are not gross or anything but thought I would warn you.
Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out Imag0610
Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out Imag0611

We have a Saturday morning appointment (they squeezed us in--and both boys are getting their vaccinations) but it is only Tuesday now and I am trying not to worry too much. I don't like searching Google about this stuff, my brain goes crazy and create negative energy. I trust your opinions and was wondering if you've seen this before?

So, does anyone have a clue what this could be?? Calvin is about 12-14 now (our best guess)
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out Empty Re: Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out

Post  Pugsaunt 9/13/2011, 8:14 pm

No ideas, just a ton of good thoughts. And yes, I will tell you not to freak out. Worrying about it isn't going to change anything. And I know that is a whole lot easier to say than it is to do. Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 27965 Hugs to you and to Calvin, and, as I said, good thoughts and prayers that it is nothing.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out Empty Re: Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/13/2011, 8:16 pm

Thanks Nancy. I really am trying not to worry too much as I think it doesn't help---but of course I'm worrying anyway!

Pugsaunt wrote:No ideas, just a ton of good thoughts. And yes, I will tell you not to freak out. Worrying about it isn't going to change anything. And I know that is a whole lot easier to say than it is to do. Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 27965 Hugs to you and to Calvin, and, as I said, good thoughts and prayers that it is nothing.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 9/13/2011, 8:23 pm

Saying don't worry about it probably won't help - but don't worry about it. You've got the appointment, you're doing the right thing to get it checked out. I'm hoping it's nothing!!!!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/13/2011, 8:32 pm

Allie, it helps, believe me!
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 9/13/2011, 8:43 pm

Bella had warts that looked just like that. They were nothing bad, just warts, but the vet was concerned initially. She has skin tags too and they are different. No worries my friend. Even it it wasn't just a wart, waiting till Saturday won't make a difference!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/13/2011, 8:50 pm

Warts, huh? That doesn't sound like anything terrible. I'm going to run with that til Saturday Laughing
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 9/13/2011, 9:23 pm

As the Grand Imperial Freak Out Queen, I command you not to freak out.

No clue what it is, but it doesn't look red and angry or inflamed, so I think it can wait till Sunday. and maybe it will go away before then.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 9/13/2011, 10:01 pm

Freddy Jones has a gross bump similar to that in his groinish area. Some days it's bigger than others. I had it looked at by the vet and was told it was nothing to worry about. I was told by the vet (don't know if this is really true) that if you can feel around on it, if it feels like it's isolated and not attached to the body, it's nothing to worry about. FJ has another one in his front arm pit and they are both definitely not attached, just in the skin. Someone with better knowledge of lumps and bumps may discredit this. I don't have 100% faith in that vet...

I hope all is okay!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  FurSprinklers 9/14/2011, 12:19 am

With all the lumps and bumps, warts, and skin tags that I see on dogs at the grooming shop every day, that doesn't look like a bump I'd freak out about. Yoda has many warts on him and a couple that look very much like that one, which are just warts.
FurSprinklers
FurSprinklers

Number of posts : 675

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/14/2011, 12:44 am

OH I love you guys!! This all made me feel so much better.Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 27965
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 9/14/2011, 1:29 am

Don't freak out! Wait until Sunday! Cal will be fine, warts and all. Very Happy
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/14/2011, 3:32 am

Everything is in place for a good result - early detection, vet appointment and a caring mum. It will be okay. Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 9/14/2011, 7:50 am

It's going to be fine.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 9/14/2011, 9:09 am

Denver has one that looks EXACTLY like that on the side of his penis. I had it checked out by the vet a couple of years ago and he wasn't concerned. I watch to make sure it doesn't grow or change colour and so far so good. So I doubt it's serious with your boy either.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 9/14/2011, 1:54 pm

The other thing I see a lot of in older dogs is a fatty tumor, completely benign, just fat deposits gathering in one area.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/14/2011, 2:18 pm

Not Afraid wrote:The other thing I see a lot of in older dogs is a fatty tumor, completely benign, just fat deposits gathering in one area.

Yep, my sister's Danes have them. One is as big as a grapefruit!! But they can't remove it because it is in an area where nerve damage would be a problem.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 9/20/2011, 12:56 pm

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Did you find out what it is? I hope it's just nothing.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/20/2011, 2:14 pm

Vet says it is just a sebaceous cyst and I should just keep an eye on it. Phew!
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/20/2011, 3:37 pm

Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 977583 Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 78340 cheers Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 335895 Calvin's Growth--tell me not to freak out 27965 ! And that about says it all.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Nan and BAGS 9/22/2011, 11:32 pm

Yea!!!!

As the Grand Imperial Freak Out Queen,
Lol! Wait... I thought that was me?!? Lol
Nan and BAGS
Nan and BAGS

Number of posts : 869

http://http:/nanandbags.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/23/2011, 2:35 pm

Nan and BAGS wrote:Yea!!!!

As the Grand Imperial Freak Out Queen,
Lol! Wait... I thought that was me?!? Lol

Funny, because I am known as the Freak Out Queen in this house.
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down