Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The saga of Mickey continues

+3
monkeypigs4eva
northernwitch
Milosmom
7 posters

Go down

The saga of Mickey continues  Empty The saga of Mickey continues

Post  Milosmom 9/19/2011, 5:56 pm

er... perhaps titled "getting our groove on", finally.

First : I wouldn't wish this dance on ANYONE and certainly no living animal (ok, maybe the friggin skunk but that's another story).

Anyways, we've finally got our bearings together as to how all this is going to work and juggling everyone else to boot. Whew!

He's been pretty well behaved as far as house arrest *yay* and seemingly doing well. Of course there has to be that stupid speed bump. Last night about 9 he took a fit of coughing that scared the bejeebies out of both myself and my husband. I had been warned by the vet to expect some but this scared me so bad I called him in the middle of the night when it didn't seem to subside. I had some Remadyl on hand which works on inflamation so that carried us through the night in relative peace with his permission.

I was in the office bright n early this morning to collect a perpetual pharmacy. Shocked

Prednisone,Cough Dex,Simplicef & Lomotil are the order for the next several days. The pill calendar looks like a nightmare but I'll take it if it means he'll be OK. At a low point last night , I had briefly questioned whether he was going to make it through the night. He sounded horrrrrible. Crying or Very sad

7 weeks and 2 days till I can really begin to breathe a sigh of relief. Dr Mark is a saint, he's put up with every concern question and issue we've came to and poignantly told me this morning that he won't let Mickey "fail" if he has one iota choice. A vet worth his every penny in my opinion.

Onward and forward.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

The saga of Mickey continues  Empty Re: The saga of Mickey continues

Post  northernwitch 9/19/2011, 5:58 pm

Good luck, hon. It's not an easy road for sure.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/19/2011, 6:23 pm

That is going to be a long 7 weeks. You both have my positive thoughts. Get well soon, Mickey!!
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/19/2011, 6:42 pm

He's one lucky little guy to have you (and your vet) in his corner.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 9/20/2011, 7:30 am

That corner is getting quite crowded, with all of us in there with you, all cheering for Mickey!
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 9/20/2011, 8:16 am

Hang in there! Thinking about you and Mickey!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/20/2011, 3:35 pm

Mickey couldn't be in a better place! Yes, it is gonna be a long 7 weeks, though. The positive thoughts and prayers continue in his direction.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down