Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more foster....

5 posters

Go down

No more foster.... Empty No more foster....

Post  Guest 4/1/2012, 8:26 am

My foster to a new foster home last night.

I had not realized how stressed I've been because of my separation, even though things are fine there are still a lot of issues I am dealing with. I thought I could foster no problem but I forgot how much upheaval they bring into your life, when I fostered before my ex would take care of our two and I would focus on the foster, now it's 100% me. I had a mini break down last week and realized I just couldn't do it. One of our local foster homes opened up last night ans she agreed to take him, I got an email this morning that hs is doing well, loves to run around the yard with her gang. I feel badly doing that to him but I just had to, now off to scrub the floors!

When I am feeling better about life I will give it a try again but for now I have to know my limits. I just can't do everything like I used to anymore. Life is very different and I am still getting used to it.

Back to top Go down

No more foster.... Empty Re: No more foster....

Post  papaspugs 4/1/2012, 10:21 am

I think that everyone who fosters has had break downs before, at least I have. I was super stressed out at work, stressed out with my husband, and overwhelmed with pugs (mine and fosters) at a point in the past.

Sometimes you have to do what's right for you and the foster and get them to another home. You have had a lot of major events in the past year that will take some time to adjust.

Maybe there are other things you can do for rescue until you feel up to fostering.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/1/2012, 10:35 am

papaspugs wrote:I think that everyone who fosters has had break downs before, at least I have. I was super stressed out at work, stressed out with my husband, and overwhelmed with pugs (mine and fosters) at a point in the past.

Sometimes you have to do what's right for you and the foster and get them to another home. You have had a lot of major events in the past year that will take some time to adjust.

Maybe there are other things you can do for rescue until you feel up to fostering.

I'm sure everyone has been there at one point or another.

There are tons of stuff I can do to help I just know they are desperate for foster homes, they are hard to come by. I know he went to one of the best foster homes, I just feel like I let him down.

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 4/1/2012, 2:42 pm

I am proud of you for standing up, even if you see it as breaking down.

It shows me that you are, in fact, assessing your needs... And that's key.

I am glad glad glad you had a supportive helpful foster to turn to, and that you took the help that was there. I have so often thought of fostering, but, in truth, my pack is a handful - even as a twosome... - and without extra hand on deck, I don't think I couldn't do right by them... Or the temporary lodger.

Get some Sleep pug
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 4/1/2012, 3:22 pm

Donna-
I understand you want to help, but really... until your life is stable, bringing in fosters is not the best thing for the dogs. They are already coming in from stressful situations and then to be bounced in their first week of adjusting makes it even harder on them. I know that you have tried to foster a few times and it didn't work out. It is also harder on the rescue to have to line up another home on such short notice. I realize you may be upset with me for saying this, but as someone that has fostered many pugs for many years, I feel like I should be a gentle voice for the pugs.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/1/2012, 6:23 pm

I understand Rebbecca, that is why I felt so badly re homing him. I know how stressed they are and I felt I added to his stress. In a short few days he improved greatly in my home, I felt terrible giving him to yet another home to adjust to. The good thing is he loved the pugs in his new home, slept well and ate well so I know he is on the way to a great life. The last foster I had was when Rup died, she need a lot of help, I had her for two weeks prior to Rup leaving, at that point I was in no position to help her or myself. I had thought at this point I could do it again but realized I just couldn't.

Edited to say, I should not have let this bug me but it has. I have successfully fostered for over three yrs, June was the only one up till now that I had to re-home.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/2/2012, 5:18 pm

ayleash wrote:I am proud of you for standing up, even if you see it as breaking down.

It shows me that you are, in fact, assessing your needs... And that's key. . . . Get some Sleep No more foster.... 4161173967
What Ayleash said. You had probably the most difficult year possible for anyone. Now it is Donna time. Penny and I send our pug hugs to you.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/23/2012, 4:13 pm

You need to take care of you. I had to back down from fostering for now because with Jeff's crazy schedule and me being pregnant, life is just too crazy. I feel awful but I can't be all stressed out right now. I do short time when PRONE needs me, but otherwise I just can't do long term.

Once we get a house and a yard and the kid is walking, we'll definitely revisit it. But the point is, you're allowed to have you time. Get yourself together and take care of you. There is plenty of other ways to help rescue!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down