Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Info on the Recalls

5 posters

Go down

More Info on the Recalls Empty More Info on the Recalls

Post  northernwitch 5/5/2012, 8:52 pm

northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

More Info on the Recalls Empty Re: More Info on the Recalls

Post  ocnside 5/6/2012, 9:06 am

This so sucks....Julian just got used to loving TOTW!!! More Info on the Recalls 253213 More Info on the Recalls 253213 More Info on the Recalls 253213 More Info on the Recalls 253213 More Info on the Recalls 253213
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/7/2012, 4:42 pm

Aw, crap. We feed Miss Kitty and Kellie's cat Kirkland premium. I am now going to check the production codes on the bag. I really am looking seriously at Honest Kitchen or raw. More Info on the Recalls 253213
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/7/2012, 4:42 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:Aw, crap. We feed Miss Kitty and Kellie's cat Kirkland premium. I am now going to check the production codes on the bag. I really am looking seriously at Honest Kitchen or raw. More Info on the Recalls 253213

None of the cat foods have been recalled. I know, small consolation, but, still something to consider.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/7/2012, 4:45 pm

Renee wrote:
Pugsaunt wrote:Aw, crap. We feed Miss Kitty and Kellie's cat Kirkland premium. I am now going to check the production codes on the bag. I really am looking seriously at Honest Kitchen or raw. More Info on the Recalls 253213

None of the cat foods have been recalled. I know, small consolation, but, still something to consider.
Um, I checked the website Blanche posted, and yes, three Kirkland cat foods are listed as recalled. The Signature Super Premium Maintenance Chicken & Rice (which, I think, is what our meowers get), Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight, and Signatujre Nature's Domain Salmon & Sweet Potato. And here we were, so pleased at the good ingredient list on the bag. As I said, More Info on the Recalls 253213
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/7/2012, 4:50 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:
Renee wrote:

Um, I checked the website Blanche posted, and yes, three Kirkland cat foods are listed as recalled. The Signature Super Premium Maintenance Chicken & Rice (which, I think, is what our meowers get), Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight, and Signatujre Nature's Domain Salmon & Sweet Potato. And here we were, so pleased at the good ingredient list on the bag. As I said, More Info on the Recalls 253213

Damn, sorry for the misinformation. Ugh. Last I read up, no cat foods .. but, I see I need to check more often.

This is so frustrating!
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/7/2012, 4:52 pm

Renee wrote:
Pugsaunt wrote:
Renee wrote:

Damn, sorry for the misinformation. Ugh. Last I read up, no cat foods .. but, I see I need to check more often.

This is so frustrating!
Beyond frustrating. As I said, we will stick with the Earthborn until something happens there, but I am now reading up on the raw and the cooked (wasn't that the title of an album by a very strange British 90's band?).
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/7/2012, 5:15 pm

The best book ever for cooked (and raw, although I found the cooked sections to be really good) is Raw & Natural Nutrition by Lew Olsen. I used her cooked diet for a former foster of mine, and I believe Brenda followed Lew's cancer diet for her late pug (was it Buddy? Sorry Brenda).
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 5/8/2012, 9:44 am

Renee wrote:The best book ever for cooked (and raw, although I found the cooked sections to be really good) is Raw & Natural Nutrition by Lew Olsen. I used her cooked diet for a former foster of mine, and I believe Brenda followed Lew's cancer diet for her late pug (was it Buddy? Sorry Brenda).

Yes, we followed Lew's cancer diet for both Buster & Bud. She is one smart cookie and a wealth of information. This book is another good resource: http://www.switchingtoraw.com/ and there's TONS of info. to be found on the web.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/8/2012, 4:03 pm

Thanks for the references. I will check both books out. And we dodged a bullet on the cat food - not included in the recall.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down