Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of the Wild

+5
northernwitch
dieselsmom
Maryjo
SacramentoPugs
ocnside
9 posters

Go down

Taste of the Wild Empty Taste of the Wild

Post  ocnside 5/9/2012, 10:52 am

So, when this is safe again, let me know....I will be patiently waiting with my face mask on Taste of the Wild 9386
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Taste of the Wild Empty Re: Taste of the Wild

Post  SacramentoPugs 5/9/2012, 3:24 pm

None of the salmonella-tainted food was sent to California, and my local pet food store orders directly from the manufacturer (so no redistribution). I'm not overly concerned. The plant has resumed production of TotW, too. I have several brands I rotate between (although TotW is our main one), so I'm just feeding alternative foods until the new batch of TotW arrives.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 5/9/2012, 5:36 pm

The TOTW up here is not on the recall list. Thank goodness since 5 of our dogs eat it.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 5/9/2012, 7:55 pm

Our store's distributor doesn't get it from the affected plant, thankfully, so we're all good here too.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/12/2012, 12:57 pm

At this point, I won't be feeding any kibble that comes from a third party manufacturer/processor.

And the next time any one, including a vet, talks to me about the risks of raw feeding, I will start listing all the kibble recalls.....
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 5/13/2012, 10:36 am

Melissa, what have you switched to? I picked up Merrick Beyond Grains buffalo, and Sammy's awful with gas. Rolling Eyes
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/15/2012, 4:34 pm

Penny is on Earthborn buffalo, and Ms. Tootie Tooter isn't blowing out the windows. So far, so good.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 5/17/2012, 8:03 am

I went back to Nutro Puppy bc that is what he used to have so I knew it would not upset his stomach....I also went to the hardware (Hudson's Hardware) and asked about TOTW and they said there is now a 6 month back-order...I pre-measure his portions in sandwich baggies with powder vitamins (Nuvet) so there isn't a chance he gets a wrong portion or another fur-babies food by mistake when I am not here and I have a medium sized bag of Nutro so I think I will finish that bag and check out options...Truly I want to go back to TOTW bc Jules did awesome on it...

Maybe in a month or so we will see where the food industry is at... Taste of the Wild 253213
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  lisamak 5/22/2012, 10:09 am

I've spent the past 2 weeks apologizing to clients for recommending ToTW for so long. I've been sending folks to Earthborn (closest in affordability but they do outsource production), Fromm grain-free (they outsource production and the family built its fortune on the fur trade back in the day...though a Fromm Bros. did develop the distemper vaccine so guess it balances out?), or Cal Natural grain-free (don't like that they're owned by Proctor & Gamble but they do their own production).

Always safer bets are Orijen/Acana (they do their own production) though the cost is tough for a lot to manage...and the only one I use for my guys is Honest Kitchen.

FYI Ginger Merrick is re-vamping they're formulations and the BG line is going away. They'll still do a couple grain-free dry foods but as I recall from the brochure I think they're dumping the fish, keeping the chicken and buffalo and maybe adding a duck. Not 100% sure on that though, they're changing a bunch of their regular kibbles and dumping a ton.
lisamak
lisamak

Number of posts : 160

http://www.mydogcatering.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 5/22/2012, 11:01 am

I am in the process of switching my two to Blue Buffalo Wilderness. I need a high protein food that's grain free for Grace and it can't be too rich because Diesel has a sensitive tummy. We're still in the process of switching over completely but so far so good.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/22/2012, 12:59 pm

lisamak wrote:I've spent the past 2 weeks apologizing to clients for recommending ToTW for so long. I've been sending folks to Earthborn (closest in affordability but they do outsource production), Fromm grain-free (they outsource production and the family built its fortune on the fur trade back in the day...though a Fromm Bros. did develop the distemper vaccine so guess it balances out?), or Cal Natural grain-free (don't like that they're owned by Proctor & Gamble but they do their own production).

Yep, this has been me unfortunately. Not apologizing to clients, but to friends and family that I have turned on to TOTW. It sure makes me sad.

I feed THK too.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down