Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Happened With Jackson

+25
sallyandtilly
Aussie Witch
Pugsaunt
Maryjo
PugLady3
LisaIzzyAggy
Two Crazy Pugs
lisamak
Rebecca and the Pugs
lindarpugma
Brenda
ocnside
pugpillow
Snifter&Toddy
thminis
Stitch Chan
Mel
dieselsmom
Renee
TxAllieGrl
Pugsavers
northernwitch
Saira
Imon
GingerSnap
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Happened With Jackson - Page 2 Empty Re: What Happened With Jackson

Post  Aussie Witch 7/9/2012, 11:27 pm

I'm so sorry Ginger. Having been through something not dissimilar with Puck and losing her unexpectedly, I know how hard, how tough, how impossible those losses are. I hope you know you did everything possible to save your little guy. Big hugs.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 7/10/2012, 9:07 am

Ginger, I am so sorry all this happened. (((hugs)))) That was a terrible ordeal to deal with.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/10/2012, 10:49 am

Ginger, that was gut wrenching to read. I'm wiping tears from my face. It's bad enough to lose them to old age or a known illness. But to have them go so unexpectedly is even more of a kick in the face. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your boy. It really is nice that we have this place to come to, knowing that there are others who can share the pain. Big hugs to you.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 7/10/2012, 11:45 am

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm particularly sorry you had to deal with such a poor excuse for a Vet in a time of crisis. Purina Pro Plan...Gimme a break!
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 7/10/2012, 11:43 pm

((((Ginger))))

At the very least, I hope you reported the asswipe ER vet to your own vet.

I well understand that one of the most horrid things is not knowing exactly what caused the end in case there was something that you could have done...my mind works that way. You just have to trust in professionals at times like these and you certainly got him there fast enough.There really wasn't anything more that you could possibly have done.

Bloat is really straightforward for a vet to diagnose, two of them wouldn't have missed it. I am not going to venture any guesses, just to say that at least it wasn't a long and lingering illness - in fact, that sometimes makes it a harder blow, because you haven't had the chance to let yourself get accustomed to it.

He was such a lucky boy in so many ways, time will heal the pain and then you will be able to remember him with a smile. Run free at the Bridge, gorgeous boy.
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 7/11/2012, 9:28 am

I can not even begin to imagine what you went through. I am so very sorry for your loss Ginger. There are no words to make you feel better, I wish we could do or say something to help make this easier for you. I can't believe that vet was so nasty. Have you thought about writing the board of Veterinary Medicine, AAHA, AVMA, etc? He shouldn't be treating people like that ever but especially when people are in there in an emergency and already distraught and confused. Hugs to you, I'm so sad for you.
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2