Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earthborn Holistic dog food: Opinions?

5 posters

Go down

Earthborn Holistic dog food: Opinions? Empty Earthborn Holistic dog food: Opinions?

Post  SacramentoPugs 7/19/2012, 5:07 pm

I'm making the switch from my beloved Taste of the Wild, which has been such a great food for Marlee the past four years or so. Too many recalls of foods manufactured at the Diamond plant. Even though my area was unaffected by the last recall, I think it's finally time to move on...

I'm currently trying out a bag of Earthborn Holistic Adult Vantage. It gets good reviews on dogfoodadvisor.com. (I feed kibble mixed with canned, currently canned EVO and Wellness.) So far, so good, but it's only been a week.

Anyone here have personal experience with Earthborn, either positive or negative? Nothing came up in the archives when I did a search.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Earthborn Holistic dog food: Opinions? Empty Re: Earthborn Holistic dog food: Opinions?

Post  Renee 7/19/2012, 5:15 pm

I believe Nancy feeds it to Penny Lane.

I don't feed kibble, so I have no experience with it, but I have yet to have heard anything negative about it.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Earthborn Holistic dog food: Opinions? Empty Re: Earthborn Holistic dog food: Opinions?

Post  Pugsaunt 7/19/2012, 6:11 pm

Yes, Penny Lane has been eating the kibble since the TOW recall. She loves it, and is doing very well on it. Her poops are still small and non-deadly, and she cleans her bowl and asks for more. I've given her the fish and the buffalo so far - changing up proteins. She and I are quite pleased with it.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 7/20/2012, 12:25 am

What's the price difference between Earthborn and TOTW? Are y'all finding it locally, or buying it online? I"ve never seen it locally here in VA.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  lisamak 7/20/2012, 10:33 am

Earthborn is a good kibble (they're coming out with a dog canned as well) and they were very lucky to pick up so many ToTW customers during the recall. They were very aggressive with advertising to get folks to make the switch and have a pretty varied protein blend. I can't say this is true nation-wide, but they have been pricing it aggressively here on the east coast to keep the ToTW clients they gained a few months back. Here in Boston both brands offer a 30# bag (grain-free) for under $60.
lisamak
lisamak

Number of posts : 160

http://www.mydogcatering.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 7/20/2012, 3:18 pm

GingerSnap wrote:What's the price difference between Earthborn and TOTW? Are y'all finding it locally, or buying it online? I"ve never seen it locally here in VA.
I'm buying it locally. The two brands (Earthborn and Taste of the Wild) were only $1.00 different (Earthborn was the more expensive).
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 7/20/2012, 6:27 pm

Earthborn is about $1-2 more here in Nevada, although Penny's favorite store is aggressive with coupons, which makes us very happy. And, as I said, she made the transition from TOW without any problems.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down