Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my pug always pukes in her mouth?

+2
Aussie Witch
AllyandBennysMom
6 posters

Go down

my pug always pukes in her mouth? Empty my pug always pukes in her mouth?

Post  AllyandBennysMom 10/31/2012, 11:34 am

My pug, Ally is 2 in January. She has always had a sensitive tummy, but a few months ago she began puking in her mouth. It happens a few times+ a day. Not enough to come out, just to burp up and swallow (can't find the words to say to keep this mild hair pull ) She was noticabely not feeling well for awhile there, sitting out during our pug playdates & not being her normal crazy self.

So we took her to the vet & he told us she had a high amylase & white blood cell count- gave us metroniviazole intestinal antibiotic. This worked to a degree, she definitely feels better, she plays and runs around.. sometimes when her younger pup brother tries to play there's certain times i can tell she isn't feeling up to par. And she is still puking in her mouth.

They also told us she has high amylase & white blood cell count.
Some are saying maybe it's gastric reflux (symtoms seem right).... anyone with similar experience?

Last edited by AllyandBennysMom on 10/31/2012, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

AllyandBennysMom

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

my pug always pukes in her mouth? Empty Re: my pug always pukes in her mouth?

Post  Aussie Witch 10/31/2012, 4:48 pm

I would also be considering a sensitivity to something she is eating. Hope you can find some answers!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

my pug always pukes in her mouth? Empty pugs

Post  AllyandBennysMom 5/16/2013, 3:46 pm

mine does the SAME thing!!! i have been looking for answers everything and get such mixed results.....

i do have a very probable explanation though,

go to consumercomplaint.com (i think? & type in ANY dog food. even Blue (rated the #4 healthiest dog food) got some complaints of animals getting seriously ill while eating this food... every dog food had hundred of these complaints. i realized that some dogs can handle certain foods, some can't. some can handle any food, some are more sensitive.

whenever the vet told me to switch the food, i always thought that was some fluff reply they gave everyone. NO. they have a reason and i wish they would expand on this reason because i would have switched a while ago!!!

if i remember correctly, some of the dogs had high (BAR?) bacteria levels in their blood, as your vet about that.

ally got put on the same thing a year and a half ago, was fine until about 6 months ago. i can't say if i switched food around that time or no, but i am going to stick to giving her boiled chicken & vegetables (if you google the longest living dogs, they all had that diet) & science diet as a bowl-filler through out the day.

i would still like to know if there's something else wrong, the poor babies!!

AllyandBennysMom

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 5/17/2013, 11:22 am

It could definitely be food related. Our pug Vader was doing something similar. He eats Bravo prepared raw food now and that has helped some. We also started adding digestive enzymes and probiotics to his food and that seems to have helped a lot. Something to consider trying with your Ally.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 5/17/2013, 12:20 pm

I don't know if it will help, but try elevating her food bowl. Sometimes this helps with reflux. You can buy an elevated food bowl, or just put down a couple phone books and something to keep her bowl from sliding off.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 5/17/2013, 3:56 pm

Has a post been deleted, or is the original poster also answering her own question? I am confused.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 5/17/2013, 4:11 pm

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:Has a post been deleted, or is the original poster also answering her own question? I am confused.

Hahahaha. yes, I think the original poster is answering her own question.. seems like she may think someone else posted the original post.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down