Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucy Lou

+19
CSollers
Mel
Brenda
Renee
Saira
TNPUGMOMOF3
H the P
PugLady3
ayleash
LisaIzzyAggy
donnag
pugmom
Pugsavers
GingerSnap
Millie'sMichael
Imon
Lilos Mom
Maryjo
Pugsaunt
23 posters

Go down

Lucy Lou Empty Lucy Lou

Post  Pugsaunt 4/11/2013, 6:22 pm

OK, do you remember Roxane's thread about Peg and Lucy, the little black girl from LA? (http://www.pugauthority.com/t12295-please-keep-peg-and-a-black-pug-girl-in-your-thoughts-on-monday) Well, Lucy landed in Reno on Monday-before-last and stayed at Peg's for a while. Kellie and I had a bit of a nightmare with the pug-sitting (a one year old black diva with no "off" switch) so we ended it early (supposed to last through this past Tuesday). This past Sunday, we met Peg for lunch and then went over to her place to meet Lucy. And she came home with us that afternoon.
Lucy Lou is 10 years old (and will be 11 on May 4), although she doesn't look or act it. It seems that she lived outdoors for most of her life. On the relinquishment form, the question "Where does the pug sleep?" was answered "In the back yard in her doghouse." She had a close companion pug who died not too long ago at age 15, and the owner was moving into a place with no yard, so she had to give Lucy up. She has a bit of a grey chin, some scattered grey here and there, and the beginnings of a grey stripe up her tail. We think that she may have been abused at some point, although she is so loving and sweet and well-mannered - she even sits for her dinner and for treats! She's a few pounds overweight, and we have her on a diet. Fortunately, she likes vegetables and grain-free food. She and Kellie chase each other up and down the hall and around the living room, each one trying to get Lucy's stuffie away from the other one. And after her first night, she now sleeps in the big bed with me. Bug the cat is quite pissed off - Lucy ignores her. Bug will pummel Lucy's butt (no claws) when she walks by, and Lucy just keeps on walking. She's getting used to a leash, and loves to go for walkies. She figured out almost immediately that when the harness and leash come off their hook, it's time to go out, and her tail goes nuts.
Of course she can never replace Penny. Nothing ever will. But the hole in my heart is a little smaller, and I am so thankful to my girl for opening my heart to the possibility of Lucy. And I am so much the better for it.
I'll post pics later.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Lucy Lou Empty Re: Lucy Lou

Post  Maryjo 4/11/2013, 7:14 pm

And after her first night, she now sleeps in the big bed with me
Is anyone at all surprised by this?? Nancy, Penny Lane taught you to love pugs. So if one comes along and needs your help, you are there for them.
Personally, I think Penny Lane steered her to you. Lucy Lou 335895 You have a huge heart and plenty of room for more than one pug in it.

I, for one, will be interested to see how she adapts to your house!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 4/11/2013, 7:33 pm

So happy for you both!! Can't wait to see pics either :)
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 4/11/2013, 8:00 pm

No, she will never replace Penny - but they'll live side-by-side in your heart. So happy to hear how this is working out! Hugs to Lucy and you!
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 4/11/2013, 8:24 pm

Oh I am so happy to read this! Wonderful, wonderful news!
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 4/11/2013, 8:29 pm

This whole thing just makes me smile!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 4/11/2013, 8:49 pm

The whole thing really was another "heaven sent" story. Nancy told me that she was feeling that she would soon be ready for another black diva but as you know, black girls do not end up in rescue as frequently. Then I saw the post from San Diego Pug Rescue that this little one needed a foster home in 3 days. How to get her from San Clemente to Reno, almost a 12 hour drive? I called Peg to see if she would be willing to foster if we got here there and she just happened to be leaving for LA the next day for a few days for vacation. What on earth are the odds that THAT would happen!! Well, after a little consernation, Lucy (in the Sky) ended up in Reno and at Nancy's. Now you can't tell me Penny Lane did not have a paw in this whole thing!!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 4/11/2013, 9:10 pm

That story makes my heart happy. I do think Penny Lane had a hand in the process. So happy for both Nancy and Lucy. Lucy Lou 335895
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  donnag 4/12/2013, 7:13 am

We need a like button! Can't wait to see pics, so happy for you and her.
donnag
donnag

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 4/12/2013, 7:15 am

I'm so happy for you and Lucy! Lucy Lou 78340Congratulations to you both. I can't wait to see pics. I know that Penny Lane is happy at how well her plan for you two came together.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 4/12/2013, 8:25 am

So happy for you... keep the updates on this chapter coming!... and yes, pictures, please...
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 4/12/2013, 9:59 am

I think that I have something in my eye! Can't wait to see some pictures.

Congratulations Nancy & Lucy!Lucy Lou 78340
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 4/12/2013, 10:57 am

Lovely news. Pics please? And I agree that Penny Lane definitely had a paw in it! hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 4/12/2013, 1:21 pm

Eyes are totally leaking! This is so great for her and for you too Nancy! She hit the jackpot and it sounds like she knows it already!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 4/12/2013, 1:27 pm

Congrats, Nancy! Lucy Lou 335895
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 4/12/2013, 4:08 pm

What a wonderful story to what will probably be another amazing pug!

I am so happy for you Nancy and I cannot wait to see pictures.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 4/12/2013, 7:57 pm

I am soooooo happy for you!!! And for Lucy. :)
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 4/13/2013, 7:56 pm

Just catching this now. So happy you and Lucy found each other. hug dog
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 4/17/2013, 2:11 pm

It is such a relief to see a happy ending for Lucy and you. Penny must have had a paw in how things happened.
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 4/17/2013, 2:34 pm

You know, I do think that Penny had something to do with Lucy coming my way. Penny will be in my heart forever, and it still hurts like hell. Nevertheless, she opened my heart for the possibility of Lucy.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/17/2013, 4:39 pm

Very nice for you and Lucy!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 4/17/2013, 7:32 pm

I'm just thrilled for you, Nancy. Like you, I'm certain Penny had a hand in this somehow. If she keeps sending wayward senior black divas your way, you might have to gently tell that little angel that you're full. Somehow I suspect she's going to think it will take 3 or more pugs to equal just one of her (and she'd be right!).
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Sfgiants 4/20/2013, 7:55 pm

So happy to hear this. And I know Penny Lane would be proud to have left a legacy of love for rescue.

Sfgiants

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 4/26/2013, 6:27 am

Such excellent news!!! Very happy for you Nancy.
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down