Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is wrong with my Pug?

2 posters

Go down

What is wrong with my Pug? Empty What is wrong with my Pug?

Post  kay-xo 4/13/2013, 6:14 am

Hi, I have a 6 year old Pug, he's woken up a bit more snotty than usual, he seems tired. He hasn't been sick, he's had his breakfast. There's no coughing or runny eyes etc.
Could it be change in weather or?
any suggestions?

I can't get him to a vet until Monday...
kay-xo
kay-xo

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

What is wrong with my Pug? Empty Re: What is wrong with my Pug?

Post  lisamak 4/13/2013, 9:05 am

Well he could be perfectly fine or he could be ill with any number of things...nobody can really diagnose him but a vet. If he's peeing and pooping ok, then I'd probably just wait it out and watch him. Look for discomfort getting up, going up/down stairs, jumping, can't get comfortable laying down, etc. Make sure his gums are pink and you haven't noticed any distressed breathing, right?

It could be a weather change, a bug bite, a treat he shouldn't have eaten, or just a bad day. If there's any issues with pee (make sure its a steady stream, make sure its yellow not pink) or poop (unusual straining, not being able to go) than I'd take him to an emergency vet. You don't want to let a UTI/crystals/blockage or anything else fester for another couple of days. If everything looks normal and he just seems in a funk then you're probably safe to wait 'til Monday.

Did he have a new treat or anything yesterday? Play someplace new where he might have picked something up?

Hope he's feeling like himself again soon.
lisamak
lisamak

Number of posts : 160

http://www.mydogcatering.com

Back to top Go down