Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about dentals

+2
PugLady3
pugmom
6 posters

Go down

Question about dentals Empty Question about dentals

Post  pugmom 7/9/2013, 10:25 pm

It is time for my grand pugs to have their dentals.  My son got estimates for each of his pugs.  There is a $40.00 charge for teeth "sealant" and then another $40.00 for a sealant kit that is sent home. 
Do any of you have this done?  I had never heard of it.  Perhaps some vets do it without an extra charge.
Any information or opinions would help my son decide if he should spend the extra $80.00 for each pug.
They are eleven years old.  One has already had at least six teeth removed.

I also posted this on FB as there has been so little activity here lately!
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Question about dentals Empty Re: Question about dentals

Post  PugLady3 7/10/2013, 9:58 am

My vet offers the sealant but it's optional. We've never done it so I'm not sure what they charge for it here.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/10/2013, 10:29 am

My pugs have had the sealant, but I never looked at the breakdown. I am always elated when it is not the top end of the estimate, and relieved that they made it through the procedure.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 7/10/2013, 12:07 pm

Never heard of this... and my pugs have had a few dentals. I wonder what the true benefit is?
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 7/10/2013, 12:32 pm

Haven't heard about it, either. I'll have to ask our vet. Freddie had a dental during his neutering last month, and this wasn't discussed.
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 7/10/2013, 2:06 pm

Interesting to Google the dental sealants. Almost all of the info is from Vet clinics offering it. Only found one "study" and that was only followed up for 8 weeks!! That to me is a big red flag that it probably is not effective in the long run or you would find those studies.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down