Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steroid Alternatives

Go down

Steroid Alternatives Empty Steroid Alternatives

Post  Amanda 3/21/2014, 9:45 pm

Has anyone tried any strong anti-inflammatory drugs as an alternative to steroids? When Nell was at therapy today, I was talking to the therapist about the struggles I'm having with the decision to take Nell off the prednisone. On a dosage of 20mg/day, she was actually walking. On the downside, she was panting a lot at night, which was affecting her sleep and was also showing some behavior changes I didn't like (withdrawn/"distant") When we cut the dosage, the walking stopped. In the end, after talking a lot with our regular vet, we decided to wean her off. So, in talking to the therapist today, she said she'd talk to the vet there about trying something different to see if we could get any similar results. Just curious if anyone has tried any meds that actually worked for mobility issues related to a disc. I'm not really concerned about long term effects of steroids at this point but if they're going to change her overall, daily personality, I don't know that I'm willing to do that even if it does mean she can walk again.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down