Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser

+8
MommaJones
Amanda
dieselsmom
Two Crazy Pugs
TxAllieGrl
PugLady3
Eph91
Rebecca and the Pugs
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Empty Re: Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser

Post  Eph91 7/16/2010, 9:09 pm

Thanks, Rachel--I'm not reading the PM until just before I do it, so I'm reminded by the big red paw to call you! I'll do it this coming week (not this weekend.) Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Empty Re: Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser

Post  PugLady3 7/18/2010, 11:42 am

I just made my Samba Sangria Slush and stuck it in the freezer for later. I think I'm going to have to buy the Lemon Lush. That sounds delish - don't know how I missed it the last time. Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 7/18/2010, 1:13 pm

PugLady3 wrote:I just made my Samba Sangria Slush and stuck it in the freezer for later. I think I'm going to have to buy the Lemon Lush. That sounds delish - don't know how I missed it the last time. Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_eek Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_eek Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_eek Oh my! Now I need to go shopping!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 7/19/2010, 10:31 am

Just wanted to add - I made the Almond Pound Cake last night & it is SO good!! We topped it with Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Swirl ice cream and a little Cool Whip. Yummy! Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/20/2010, 10:52 am

I already checked out the website and will be polaceing an order next week ( after pay day) I love tastefully simple a few of my favs are the warm cheese dip/beer bread/garlic garlic/apple dessert cheese ball ( which i dont think they are offering anymore)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/20/2010, 11:36 am

My order came yesterday. I don't know what to try first! My new grill is being delivered on Thursday. I think one of the first things I will open is the Smoky Bacon Barbecue Sauce and the Chocolate Pound Cake.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/20/2010, 11:41 am

mine came yesterday too! Steve started salavating over the "Beer Bread" that was on the box.. "did you really buy beer bread".

Well gosh, I didn't, but I can.

boys! silly!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/20/2010, 6:42 pm

I just emailed you my order, Rachel, and will call you later with my cc#. Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 977583 Thanks!

Everything sounds so good--the "sweets" I decided on are the cinnamon muffins and the blueberry bars, since I figured they will be great to have on hand in the fall when we have advisor/advisee meetings...my students will think I'm such the baker! Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 547493
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/26/2010, 10:38 pm

I finally ordered, I can't wait to try my stuff.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/26/2010, 10:43 pm

Saira wrote:I finally ordered, I can't wait to try my stuff.
I just placed my order too!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 7/26/2010, 10:45 pm

I will be ordering, but keep putting it off because there are too many things to choose from! On these drink buckets, what is the story? You just throw the whole bucket in the freezer and you can scoop it out like a slush? Or how does it work?

I suppose the website says, but I figured I'd ask here.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/27/2010, 12:02 am

Javalita wrote:I will be ordering, but keep putting it off because there are too many things to choose from! On these drink buckets, what is the story? You just throw the whole bucket in the freezer and you can scoop it out like a slush? Or how does it work?

You mix the sangria drink mix with two bottles of wine and water into the bucket. You freeze and then scoop them out like a slush. I mixed the Lemon Lush one with vodka and a bit of water. They are really good.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/27/2010, 2:15 am

Ordering tomorrow!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/27/2010, 2:16 am

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
Javalita wrote:I will be ordering, but keep putting it off because there are too many things to choose from! On these drink buckets, what is the story? You just throw the whole bucket in the freezer and you can scoop it out like a slush? Or how does it work?

You mix the sangria drink mix with two bottles of wine and water into the bucket. You freeze and then scoop them out like a slush. I mixed the Lemon Lush one with vodka and a bit of water. They are really good.

If you had to choose between the Lemon Lush and the Sangria, which would you choose? I'm trying to decide and I don't really want to get them both. They both sound awesome for drunk pizza making night with friends.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/27/2010, 7:58 am

smoochieface wrote:
If you had to choose between the Lemon Lush and the Sangria, which would you choose? I'm trying to decide and I don't really want to get them both. They both sound awesome for drunk pizza making night with friends.
I can only speak for the Sangria, but it is YUMMY! I finally got to try mine from the first fundraiser (my big freezer kicked off right before we got in a load of beef. So freezer space has been at a minimum.), and it was worth the wait! I mixed it with a red rose wine. I missed the Lemon Lush last time, but I ordered it this time. I also have the Watermelon Margarita, but I haven't tasted it yet. I mixed it with rum, because I'm not much for tequila.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 7/27/2010, 9:07 am

smoochieface wrote:If you had to choose between the Lemon Lush and the Sangria, which would you choose? I'm trying to decide and I don't really want to get them both. They both sound awesome for drunk pizza making night with friends.

Hmmm, when faced with that exact same dilemma (sp?) only minutes ago I went for the Watermelon Margarita! This is my thinking...I have a huge lemon tree that produces like crazy, so just can't justify a lemon one. Sangria...well, it always sounds so yummy, but when I actually drink it I'm not sure I really love it. So I went for the obvious choice - something else entirely.

I also ordered those cheese biscuits "a la Red Lobster" and the almond pound cake.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/27/2010, 9:23 am

I got the watermelon margarita, too, even though I'm not a huge watermelon person Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_lol , since it sounded like it would be good chilled, but not frozen, and I'm not a huge frozen drink person. I do love margaritas, though!

For anyone who has had it--would you describe it as a fresh (i.e., real fruit) watermelon flavor, or one that's more like candy / watermelon (like a Jolly Rancher-type ) flavor?

Just curious.
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/27/2010, 11:47 am

Eph91 wrote:
For anyone who has had it--would you describe it as a fresh (i.e., real fruit) watermelon flavor, or one that's more like candy / watermelon (like a Jolly Rancher-type ) flavor?

Just curious.
I will give it a taste and let you know. It's not even 11am, but I will make the sacrifice for you! Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 977583
MommaJones
MommaJones

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/27/2010, 1:51 pm

To me, it's definitely more of a candy-flavored watermelon. Not really Jolly Rancher...I'm not even sure how to describe it. But it's NOT "natural" watermelon flavor, to me anyway. It's GOOD! I only took a couple of spoonfuls to get the taste, but I'm looking forward to having a whole lot more!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/27/2010, 2:31 pm

Thanks for sacrificing and checking, Christy! Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - Page 2 Icon_lol Either is ok with me, really (fresh or fake--I figured it would likely be the latter.) I've come to like fresh watermelon more as I get older--I never really liked it when I was younger, which seemed odd even to me, b/c what kid doesn't like watermelon?
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/27/2010, 3:25 pm

The Lemon Lush is yummy, but if I had to choose between the two to serve to friends, I would say you can't go wrong with the sangria. I topped it with lemon sparkling water the other day and it was really good. My friend Lavy and I opened up the Black Bean Salsa today and it was good. I liked it better than the Pineapple Chipolte salsa. And Lavy said that Backyard BBQ dip was good too. I still haven't tried the watermelon margarita mix yet. Thanks for ordering everyone!
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2