Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take 10 seconds and vote Ten!

+2
Pugsavers
Aussie Witch
6 posters

Go down

Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! Empty Take 10 seconds and vote Ten!

Post  Guest 7/27/2010, 7:58 pm

Hi all,
I hope it's ok to post this here. Alabama Pug Rescue and Adoption has a finalist in the ProPlan Rally to Rescue "Doing more for pets" contest. As all of you in rescue know, donations are down by about 80% the last couple of years and the prize is 5K in dog food coupons. "Ten" was our first rescue of the year; please take a few seconds and go to Alabama Pug Rescue and Adoption, Inc. - Birmingham, AL. There's a direct link to vote for him on our home page. No registration necessary, no fuss, no muss! Please look at his pictures and see his progress and please feel free to cross post and put on FB or other networking sites! "Got 10? Vote Ten and tell a friend!" His story is so representative of what we all see in rescue and he is the only pug in the top 10.
MANY thanks!!

Deb
Got 10? Vote Ten and tell a friend!
www.alabamapugrescue.org
__________________ :D :D :D

Back to top Go down

Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! Empty Re: Take 10 seconds and vote Ten!

Post  Aussie Witch 7/27/2010, 9:08 pm

Oh, his story just broke my heart, but his transformation is miraculous! He's got my vote. Come on everyone, let's help Ten in!! Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! Icon_cheers Bless Alabama Pug Rescue! Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 7/28/2010, 9:43 am

Just checking...it the prize you could win $5,000 worth of Purina dog food???
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 7/28/2010, 10:04 am

Ten's got my vote (and I shared this on both my own & NIPRA's FB page)! Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! 609723
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! Empty Got 10? Vote Ten and tell a friend!!

Post  Guest 7/28/2010, 5:39 pm

Bless you all!!! Thanks so much! Voting goes through October 1st, but you can only vote once PER COMPUTER or smartphone or anything else that gets internet. So the more it "goes viral" to get more peoples' attention, the better our chances! HUGE thanks to all of you!

Back to top Go down

Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! Empty Got 10? Vote Ten and tell a friend!!

Post  Guest 7/28/2010, 5:41 pm

Oh.....the prize is 5K in ProPlan coupons. So that doesn't help on rx foods or anything, but it sure makes a difference on the "normal" eaters! :))

Deb
www.alabamapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 7/28/2010, 9:26 pm

deb1417 wrote:Oh.....the prize is 5K in ProPlan coupons. So that doesn't help on rx foods or anything, but it sure makes a difference on the "normal" eaters! :))

Deb
www.alabamapugrescue.org
While I totally sympathize with the need for help in savings and cost cuttings, it would be a cold day in hell that I would feed my dogs or my rescues any Purina product. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, I might consider a prescription food if it was my only alternative for a dog's health, but Purina doesn't, in my opinion, make very good food.

These are the ingredients for their All Stages chicken and rice:
Chicken, brewers rice, whole grain wheat, poultry by-product meal
(natural source of glucosamine), corn gluten meal, whole grain corn,
animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), corn
bran, fish meal (natural source of glucosamine), animal digest, dried
egg product, calcium phosphate, salt, potassium chloride, calcium
carbonate, Vitamin E supplement, choline chloride, zinc sulfate,
ferrous sulfate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C),
manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate,
thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin
B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, garlic oil, folic acid,
Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium
bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.
R-4484
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Take 10 seconds and vote Ten! Empty Vote Ten

Post  Guest 7/29/2010, 7:38 am

While I totally understand your point of view, times ARE dire for rescues and for this tiny one in particular.........this really does make a huge difference for us.......I don't feed purina to my dogs at this point, but that doesn't mean it can't help our group tremendously. I too read labels and feed according to need. Thanks for your input.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 7/29/2010, 10:15 am

Hi Deb-

Here is my concern with this contest.

I have been involved with Pug Rescue for more than 14 years. When we began PugSavers about a decade ago, we decided that in addition to simply rescuing pugs, we would also educate people so that hopefully less pugs would need to be rescued in the future.

We too were contacted by Purina and their Rally to Rescue program a few years ago. We quickly saw was that Purina was using rescues for free advertising and said 'hell no'.

Yes, $5000 in THEIR free food is a tiny amount of money to pay for all of the people who the rescues are getting to their site for them and getting their name out there. When someone sees a rescue advocating for a product, they will assume that the product is good for their dog. In my opinion, feeding poor quality food like Purina is a CAUSE of many of the medical maladies that rescue ends up putting many thousands of dollars in treating. It is perpetuating the cycle

I certainly understand the dire financial circumstances rescues are in...we are also in the same boat. But personally, I would never support a cause to feed rescue pugs poor quality food.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/29/2010, 10:57 am

I just wanted to add that the fosters that were fed crappy food before we got them had more health problems (allergies, skin problems, etc) that cost us more in time and money to fix. Once we got them on a quality and nutritionally sound food, the ailments decreased tremendously. I have had over 75 fosters come through my home in my years of fostering, so I feel like I have some experience with crappy food and the ramifications of the quality of health from it.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 7/29/2010, 12:32 pm

I voted. I think if the choice is between no food and purina then purina is fine.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down