Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pug Dog Encephalitis PDE

+9
splaterpea
pugpillow
northernwitch
Amanda
Norton's Mom
LisaIzzyAggy
Saira
Stazz
Aussie Witch
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pug Dog Encephalitis PDE - Page 2 Empty Pug Dog Encephalitis

Post  Corkey's Mom 8/13/2011, 2:18 pm

Thanks for your replies Aussie Witch and Northern Witch. I have sent an e-mail to Dr. Greer. I will let you know if she responds. I hear you ladies about quality and not quantity. I am all about quality of life, I would rather have him for only 1 year, happy, healthy, bouncy, etc... than try to keep him around for 5 or 6 years pumped up full of drugs and feeling sick and puny all the time. I also don't want to do anything so aggressive that might send the PDE into remission but end up breaking another organ down such as the liver or the pancreas and have him end up dying anyway. I have an appointment for him next week with a DVM that specializes in TCVM. I believe in western medicine, but if what he has is terminal and western medicine has not been shown to cure it, then I would rather take an approach that balances both eastern and western medicinal practices and see how he does. I am still on the look-out for a doggy neurologist though because I want the honest, no kidding, prognosis for this disease. My analytical brain knows that everything I have read so far is doom and gloom, but my heart tells me to hold on to hope and to find a way to kick this PDE in the gut.
Corkey's Mom
Corkey's Mom

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Pug Dog Encephalitis PDE - Page 2 Empty Re: Pug Dog Encephalitis PDE

Post  Pugsaunt 8/13/2011, 2:21 pm

Maryann, you have gotten some great advice from folks here who are far more knowledgeable than I am. All I can say is that you and your boy will be in my prayers, and please keep us posted.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/13/2011, 2:52 pm

He's very lucky to have you as his mum. Yes, the prognosis is grim, but even when you accept the inevitable, the love we have for our babies means we never give up. Dr Greer is usually very good about responding. We're here for you.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum