Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poop strike

+2
Pugsaunt
MackandMattiesMom
6 posters

Go down

Poop strike Empty Poop strike

Post  MackandMattiesMom 9/3/2010, 9:21 pm

We've moved to a new apartment and Mattie has decided to go on poop strike. She's used to being able to run in the yard and go at her own discretion in private. Now, she has to be walked on a leash. How long is too long for us to let her hold out? Is there anything we can do or give her to move things along? I'm sure she doesn't have an obstruction as she's not the type to eat something she shouldn't and she hasn't gone in a couple days. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Poop strike Empty Re: Poop strike

Post  Pugsaunt 9/3/2010, 9:28 pm

While we were in Ohio, Penny went on total potty strike for 2 days. When she finally peed, I was in awe of her bladder. And when she pooped, I swear it was twice her body weight. No ill effects.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 9/3/2010, 9:29 pm

She's peeing just fine. She just won't poop. Dennis took her over to his parents' yard to see if she'd go in their fenced yard and she still isn't going. hair pull
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 9/3/2010, 10:18 pm

You know, kids do this all the time.

Have you felt her belly to make sure it isn't distended? My Skeeter had this problem a while ago. It just has to work it's way out. I fasted him for a day, and then gave him a generous helping of pumpkin. It worked!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/4/2010, 12:15 am

A few days without a poop is not an emergency, but pretty damn frustrating! Try to time the walk straight after dinner when things are more inclined to be movin' along. But yes, make sure it IS just a strike and nothing wrong... Hope it all comes out soon.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Puggered 9/4/2010, 5:04 am

Yeah, what Rona said. Except without the pun. OUCH!
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 9/4/2010, 9:40 am

She finally went late last night. I guess she couldn't hold it in anymore. cheers
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/4/2010, 1:09 pm

Good. I'm glad it all came out ok. ashamed Seriously, have you ever seen a group of people more obsessed with pug poop? Rolling Eyes
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 9/4/2010, 1:30 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:Good. I'm glad it all came out ok. ashamed Seriously, have you ever seen a group of people more obsessed with pug poop? Rolling Eyes

I know. I've been obsessing over it for days. I'm always asking Dennis what color and how big the pugs' poop is. I have to make sure it's all coming out okay! Laughing
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 9/4/2010, 1:31 pm

MackandMattiesMom wrote:
Pugsaunt wrote:Good. I'm glad it all came out ok. ashamed Seriously, have you ever seen a group of people more obsessed with pug poop? Rolling Eyes

I know. I've been obsessing over it for days. I'm always asking Dennis what color and how big the pugs' poop is. I have to make sure it's all coming out okay! Laughing

Only pug people are this twisted!! rofl
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Stazz 9/5/2010, 1:23 am

excited Yay for poop !!!

We need a poop smiley on here....its my fave on PV HAHA.

Stazz
Stazz

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down