Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jasmine

3 posters

Go down

Jasmine Empty Jasmine

Post  Miss Pugg 5/11/2011, 9:38 pm

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record with J's problems but learned today she has: Cushings (brought on by Prednisone) PLE, Lymphangiectasia, IBD and still has her UTI. My new vet seems to really care and spends lots of time with us and Jasmine. He's taking her off some of her Pred (only half a tablet once a day now) and changing her antibiotic (his vet brother in another town prescribed it last week while we were out of town for a funeral). He said for the time being as long as she's gaining weight (she gained 4 oz. in last 7 days), has fairly firm stools and is eating well, he won't have us do the biopsies now. He also noticed her hair coat was coming back! She's on my lap constantly but I hadn't noticed. I appreciate the fact that he seems to 'get' it quickly and has had many tests on her unlike my former vet who seemed to be just going thru the motions and collecting her fees. Old Buffy Pug loves the rabbit food but he said as long she has kidney failure, NOT to give it to her as it has too much protein in it. She did enjoy sharing Jasmine's kibble!!! I'm beginning to question now if Buffy really does have kidney failure as she seems as good as she did when I got her years ago. I haven't much trust in my old vet right now. I will see her Sat. at our club's dog show, she's President but I'm going to avoid her. I'm toying with the idea of taking the Pugs to the new vet. He's very expensive but so far, so good. It's been $1,400 in the last 3 weeks but Jasmine is still with me and improving. I thank all of you who encouraged me to switch. It was a hard decision as I've trusted the old vet for many years. With that in mind, I urged mydaughter with breast cancer to get a second opinion and she did, at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston & she started chemo a week ago, has five more treatments to go. she's back at her job of grooming dogs but the dog shows are on hold for a while. I'm babbling, kind of relieved about life right now.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Jasmine Empty Re: Jasmine

Post  MackandMattiesMom 5/11/2011, 10:29 pm

I'm glad things are improving for you all. Your family (fur and non-fur) are so lucky to have you to care for them. Hug
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Jasmine Empty better news

Post  Miss Pugg 5/14/2011, 9:09 pm

The vet called last night & told me Jasmine's albumin level had gone from 1.8 or 1.9 up to 2.3 which pleased him (me too, I guess, if I understood what it meant). I was concerned by her reading of 4 for protein and he said albumin WAS protein. He will recheck her in two weeks when we go back. things may be slowly back to normal for the little skinny one. I talked to a friend today at the dog show about her Frenchie. She passed away in Nov. after two years plus on Prednisone, she had seizures and two strokes on Prednisone, at only 9 years. She said she would never recommend the breed to anyone and hates Pred like I do - guess it works in some cases but nasty in others.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 5/14/2011, 9:19 pm

Joanne:
I posted an article that will explain all the blood work results. It's in the other health section.

Pred is definitely a double edged sword. If she has to stay on it, why not ask the vet about putting her on prednisolone?
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down