Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend

+9
Renee
sallyandtilly
northernwitch
Saira
TNPUGMOMOF3
PugLady3
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
akc0104
papaspugs
13 posters

Go down

Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend Empty Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend

Post  papaspugs 8/30/2011, 8:37 am

Yes, I know a lot of us thought that we were her forever home, but I got a call Saturday evening that someone had put in an application for PEACHES! I just about burst into tears during the phone call. I never for a moment considered someone wanting to adopt her. She is a fabulous pug with a great personality, easy going, and still has tons of years of life; but she is 12 with seizures. I talked to one of the ladies Sunday and it is not just any ol' home, it is a fabulous home. It is two ladies in SC who have adopted from rescue before and come highly recommended. We talked for about 30 minutes and I am so happy for Peaches to be going to them. They cook for their dogs, sleep in the bed with them, stay at home pug mom, come to Pugfest, etc. They have experience with seniors and I think that Peaches may be a cake walk for them. I am going to meet them 1/2 in GA on Saturday. I am sure I will cry the whole way home, but it will be a good cry. I'll post more this weekend.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend Empty Re: Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend

Post  akc0104 8/30/2011, 9:00 am

Wow! Safe travels for you and Peaches. Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend 335895
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend Empty Re: Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 8/30/2011, 9:10 am

Tears of joy!! Congratulations to Peaches and her new forever family!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 8/30/2011, 9:50 am

Awww...congrats to Peaches & her new family! Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend 78340
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 8/30/2011, 11:04 am

Awww, good for Peaches and good for you for knowing it's the right place for her to go. Sounds like a perfect home for her too!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 8/30/2011, 11:06 am

Aww congrats to Peaches! I know how you feel, when we fostered old man Sam, I assumed we'd be his forever home. Then Cindi's mother in law fell in love with him, and he fell in love with her and we had to let him go. He literally went prancing out the door to her car, I still remember that years later.

Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/30/2011, 11:13 am

Oh, how excellent! Homes like that are "walk on water" homes in my book.

Good wishes and luck to Peaches on her next phase of life.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/30/2011, 11:34 am

oh, how fantastic. It has to be sad to see her go but at the same time know she will be well loved and taken care of.

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 8/30/2011, 11:54 am

Sounds just terrific!
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 8/30/2011, 12:43 pm

YAY for Peaches. The wait was worth it, wasn't it?

And, a small bit of humanity has redeemed itself!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/30/2011, 1:40 pm

I'm leaking a bit on my keyboard. It does sound like the perfect furever home for Peaches, and I am so happy for her, and, yet, it is a bit bittersweet for you. I do so admire you who foster. You have such huge hearts.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/30/2011, 2:19 pm

The people that adopt "special needs" seniors are truly angels. This is wonderful. I can imagine your emotions are all over the place, Jana, and this is a bittersweet moment. You've done a great job. Thank you. Peaches will be going to her forever home this weekend 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 8/30/2011, 2:22 pm

What a wonderful household, opening their hearts to a senior pug. Bless them. All the best to Peaches, too.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 8/31/2011, 8:27 am

What Rona said.
Best wishes to Peaches in her new forever home. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down