Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update)

+25
PugLady3
smoochieface
Eph91
lola's mom
Javalita
CSollers
ayleash
Not Afraid
monkeypigs4eva
Puggered
Miss Pit
sallyandtilly
Two Crazy Pugs
Amanda
Mel
Aussie Witch
MommaJones
Snifter&Toddy
Renee
northernwitch
Pugsaunt
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
akc0104
TxAllieGrl
Saira
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update) - Page 2 Empty Re: A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update)

Post  lola's mom 9/1/2011, 9:45 am

Stop worrying us Sophie. We need you to be your crazy self and entertain us. xo I hope you are feeling better today.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update) - Page 2 Empty Re: A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update)

Post  Eph91 9/3/2011, 8:09 pm

How is Sophie today? I hope she's back to herself!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 9/3/2011, 9:18 pm

She's totally back to her old self!! Laughing
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 9/5/2011, 12:47 am

Saira wrote:She's totally back to her old self!! Laughing

AWESOME!!! Good girl, Sophie.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/5/2011, 1:28 am

That is excellent news. Very good girl, Sophie!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 9/5/2011, 8:32 am

Saira wrote:She's totally back to her old self!! Laughing

Way to go, Sofa! Glad to hear it! A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update) - Page 2 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 9/10/2011, 3:33 pm

Well, Sofa's vet report was a bit of a bummer. The other day, a new lesion appeared on her ear. When we checked it, it does have mast cells in it. Ugh. All the others had held steady and this is the first new one we've experienced. She also has a skin infection (bacterial), that's probably secondary from the steriods. It's a tough balancing act we keep doing. We're going to try to lower the dosage, possibly up the Atopica, and she's also on antibiotics for a couple of weeks. And milk thistle for her liver.

The good news however is that the vet continues to think Sophie is the bestest dog ever. LoL. Sophie loves her more than she loves me, I think! They have to give her a sedative so they can get a biopsy from her because she wiggles so much. Oh, and she's a whopping 11.6 pounds!

She's a one pug pharmacy! I hope Ken can keep everything straight while we're in utah. Laughing

Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/10/2011, 3:37 pm

Sending good thoughts that Sopha's medication adjustment does the trick. And why am I not surprised that she had to get a sedative for the biopsy? Her weight is proof that good things come in small packages.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/10/2011, 3:42 pm

You look after that attitude-filled, squirmy little worm so well Saira. I hope you can get things under control again.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 9/10/2011, 3:56 pm

Ohhhhh the little monster! She needs to get a part-time job soon! A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update) - Page 2 505530

Zorro still wants to date her! I heard him whisper this into the cats ear!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 9/10/2011, 4:01 pm

Well, that is a bummer. Saira, have they suggested Prednisolone to you? It's prednisone, but further broken down so is easier on the liver. Just thought I'd suggest it--we shifted Tank onto it to save his liver.

Good thoughts out to the little ratbag.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 9/10/2011, 6:05 pm

Crying or Very sad Nooooooo!

Positive thoughts for the little muffin.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/10/2011, 6:10 pm

Sorry to hear she is having more issues, it must be a full time job just trying to keep her on the up and up.

Good thing she would up in your care, I'd hate to think of what would have happened to her if she hadn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 9/10/2011, 7:20 pm

Boo for a bad vet visit. But, yay that she loves her vet and the vet loves her! I know you are doing everything possible for her, so don't get down. Sometimes it is just about management.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 9/10/2011, 8:01 pm

That sucks! But I know you guys will continue to take great care of her, and she is loved...by everyone! That girl should have a fan club. A few good thoughts for Sophie (vet update) - Page 2 335895
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 9/11/2011, 1:48 am

Boo for set backs, but, considering how bad she was when you first got her, she really is doing remarkably well - and has been for quite some time! You take excellent care of that tiny terror.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 9/11/2011, 9:57 am

I'm sorry to hear about the bad vet report and sending good thoughts that the med adjustment will do the trick.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 9/12/2011, 12:00 am

Damn, sorry for the not so good news. I'm sure Sophie will get LOTS of extra spoiling and loving from all her new aunties come Thursday.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 9/12/2011, 1:13 pm

Nothing abnormal showed up in her bloodwork, so that's good news.

Blanche, I will ask her about that steroid when I talk to her-I have to follow up with her once we finish the antibiotics.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 9/12/2011, 2:17 pm

All good thoughts to that innocent little angel. Shocked

What would we do without our Sofa stories?
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2