Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sudden (in)explicable craving for ...

+5
Aussie Witch
Renee
northernwitch
Saira
pugpillow
9 posters

Go down

Sudden (in)explicable craving for ... Empty Sudden (in)explicable craving for ...

Post  pugpillow 10/28/2011, 10:50 pm

... a gun.

We were supposed to take in a 10 year old Cushingoid pug tomorrow but the foster mom suddenly was unable to because of a sudden onset health issue the prognosis about which we'll know more in a few days. Not every foster home can accommodate such a dog and be prepared to keep him for life since chances are slim that someone will want to adopt him. I gave the bad news to the owner (the husband) by phone this evening, asking them to defer the surrender for a week, and was given the "what are we supposed to do now, we're going on holiday on Friday" speech. Poor owners :(( (insert dripping sarcasm here). I said that depending on the foster mom's prognosis, we might be able to take the pug mid-week and that we would try to find another home in the meantime. Then I got an email from the wife apologizing for her husband's abruptness on the phone and saying that they had managed to get a vet to squeeze them in for euthanasia on Wednesday (the dog, not them unfortunately) if our intake didn't pan out.

Anyway, Blanche moved heaven and earth and brought Sandy and Debby "out of foster retirement" to take the dog. When I told the wife owner of Bogie's great good fortune, she asked if the first foster home would be disappointed not to get him and was the second foster home a good one. WTF? Better than euthanasia? This poor dog has just landed on his feet and will be a great deal better off than he has been with these dumb-ass owners. And of course, they're keeping the younger healthy dog.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Sudden (in)explicable craving for ... Empty Re: Sudden (in)explicable craving for ...

Post  Saira 10/28/2011, 10:55 pm

Oh how fortunate they found a vet who would squeeze them in to euthanize their dog. Rolling Eyes
I'm glad you were able to find a foster for the poor guy!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Sudden (in)explicable craving for ... Empty Re: Sudden (in)explicable craving for ...

Post  northernwitch 10/28/2011, 11:11 pm

I think Hilary and I have exchanged more expletives in emails exchanged about these Gold Plated Arseholes than almost any other owner surrender.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 10/29/2011, 12:21 am

Wow. Un-fricking-believable.

People really kill me. Really, they do.

WTF?! Sudden (in)explicable craving for ... 359531

I am glad you were able to find some workable solution - but I am beyond disgusted with those pathetic excuses for owners. And, don't they always keep the younger, healthier dog. Freaks.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/29/2011, 1:04 am

I think there's a queue forming to the left of people ready, willing and able to help you shoot that gun, Hillary. ARSEHOLES. Poor little guy.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 10/29/2011, 6:49 am

Add me to the queue, please. sigh

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  We're Here 10/29/2011, 7:32 am

Please extend my thanks to the rescue foster home that opened the door one more time for a pug in big trouble. I just don't know about people, and sometimes what I do know leaves me in tears of frustration.

We're Here

Number of posts : 893

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 10/29/2011, 7:44 am

We're Here wrote:
Please extend my thanks to the rescue foster home that opened the door one more time for a pug in big trouble. I just don't know about people, and sometimes what I do know leaves me in tears of frustration.

They are an amazing family. Two sisters who have historically taken in the oldest and neediest. They had to say goodbye to so many dogs over the last while that they took a break from fostering because they couldn't deal with any more grief. But they have stepped up once again. I don't know if they will keep fostering this boy or if he will be transferred to the originally planned foster home if she is able later in the week (that's up to her doctors and Blanche), but their willingness to go the distance is there and intention is everything. We are blessed to have them on our team. So is the pug-boy!!

I always try to hit the surrendering owners up for a donation to the rescue. Think they are likely to make a donation equal to what it would cost them to put the boy down? Let's see.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 10/29/2011, 9:39 am

I do have to say that nothing in rescue makes me angrier than when people play the "euthanasia" card. That one just flat out pisses me off. It's blackmail pure and simple.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 10/29/2011, 9:39 am

pugpillow wrote:Think they are likely to make a donation equal to what it would cost them to put the boy down? Let's see.

Hey, its worth a shot! My opinion of these people is not repeatable on a family forum so I will simply say "thank you" to you, Blanche, and the foster families involved for all that you're doing for this poor little guy. Sudden (in)explicable craving for ... 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/29/2011, 3:11 pm

A donation equal to the cost of euthanasia? Hillary, do you still believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy?Laughing Yeah, listen to the excuses that will pour out of their sorry mouths when you bring THAT up.... "Oh, we're going on vacation and don't have anything spare."

Thank DOG and thank you to you, Blanche and the foster parents.Sudden (in)explicable craving for ... 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/29/2011, 4:33 pm

People suck at times. Such ignorance is appalling. Thank dog for you, Hilary, and Blanche and the foster families.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down