Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of Twitching

5 posters

Go down

Lots of Twitching Empty Lots of Twitching

Post  ocnside 12/7/2011, 9:18 am

Julian has been twitching in his sleep, it almost looks like a seizure until I wake him up. My labs did a motion in their sleep as if they were running but Julian shakes his whole body, maybe it is more prominant bc he is so little...

Anyone have a puggy that does this, I do not want to think its his nervous system...., Melissa
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Lots of Twitching Empty Re: Lots of Twitching

Post  Snifter&Toddy 12/7/2011, 11:20 am

Pugs do all sorts of things in their sleep. I wouldn't worry unduly unless it appears to be drastic or making him uncomfortable. I saw your other thread about the surgery; hopefully that will help him.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/7/2011, 3:28 pm

I've seen it in so many of my Pugs and it's nothing to be concerned about! Sort of like R.E.M. (rapid eye movement) through the whole body, when they're in the dream-phase of sleep.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 12/7/2011, 4:00 pm

My dogs do this, too. It's usually a dream or a stage of REM. I remember when we first noticed it -- we thought seizures, too. It's a little scary to see that, but we realized that in our dogs at least, they were actively dreaming. Our oldest sometimes also wags his tail in his sleep and that is the most adorable thing in the world.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/8/2011, 5:03 pm

Penny does that, too. Goes from a gentle snore to a mumble and then starts twitching and running. I would give a lot to know what she is dreaming!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down