Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spaying A'chi

+9
Pugsavers
TNPUGMOMOF3
dieselsmom
Rallypug
Aussie Witch
Saira
Maryjo
northernwitch
elisemarie
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spaying A'chi - Page 2 Empty Re: Spaying A'chi

Post  Pugsaunt 1/7/2012, 5:29 pm

Maryjo wrote:
Melissa wrote:...we take them to the Vet Hospital to get spayed or neutered and then we release them back to their 'home'. Its been a huge success!
My sister does that in California. It certainly helps keep the feral-cat population down a tad...
Washoe County has an amazing trap-neuter-return program, too. For free. What many people don't realize is that removing the feral cats will just result in more coming in. If the feral colony is spayed/neutered and someone is feeding them regularly, they will (1) not reproduce and (2) keep other unspayed/unneutered feral cats out. What they do here is cut a tip off one of the cat's ears, and then all the animal control people know that it is a TNR cat.

And elisemarie, you are doing the right thing. It just isn't easy on us when our furbabies have surgery.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  elisemarie 1/7/2012, 10:44 pm

I've slept on it, thought about it, and I still feel it would be more feasible to have A'chi spayed before I have Bubba Steve neutered.

Both will be 'fixed'. I just feel spaying A'chi will take care of two concerns at the same time. I won't have to worry about A'chi becoming pregnant, and I will avoid the 'mess' of having a Pug in heat. Remember ... A'chi is the first female canine I have ever brought into my home. I honestly do not relish the idea of cleaning up after her wherever she may choose to roam around the house.

So ... my thinking is to take care of A'chi before Bubba Steve. Chances are - if I can swing it - cross fingers I will be able to stay home with A'chi for a couple of days while I heal up from my dental procedures. My boss has already been informed of my dental stuff (he's seen my face swell up like a blowfish - twice !), and HE recommends I give my mouth time to completely heal before returning to work with my clients. (he likes me good vibes ) A'chi and I can keep an eye on each other while Bubba Steve stands watch Pug over both of us.

a-woo-woo-woo-woo !
elisemarie
elisemarie

Number of posts : 296

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 1/8/2012, 12:01 am

Sounds like a plan!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down