Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anal glad ? about a tiny bit of blood...

4 posters

Go down

Anal glad ? about a tiny bit of blood... Empty Anal glad ? about a tiny bit of blood...

Post  Eph91 7/13/2009, 12:22 pm

I took Wally with us this a.m., b/c he scooted last night (first time ever) and when I wiped his bum w/ an unscented baby wipe, there was just a tiny tiny bit of blood.

They expressed them today at the vet's and the vet said everything looked ok, and that he felt no polyp or anything, so I'm just curious if any of you have ever experienced this with your pugs.

Thanks!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Anal glad ? about a tiny bit of blood... Empty Re: Anal glad ? about a tiny bit of blood...

Post  Amanda 7/13/2009, 12:36 pm

He may have just irritated his skin by scooting. I've seen Nell scoot on concrete! *ouch*
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Anal glad ? about a tiny bit of blood... Empty Re: Anal glad ? about a tiny bit of blood...

Post  Eph91 7/13/2009, 12:39 pm

Amanda wrote:He may have just irritated his skin by scooting. I've seen Nell scoot on concrete! *ouch*

You know the vet did mention that...he only barely scooted (that I saw, anyway, I suppose he could have done it w/out me seeing), but it was on the hardwood...that is probably why it looked inflamed last night but much better today.
Thanks!
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 7/13/2009, 1:55 pm

Calvin, though not a pug, has been plagued with allergies that caused anal gland issues (until it was curtailed with diet) and he did, on occasion, have a tiny bit of blood when his glands were full or when he was irritated.

Poor guy, thank goodness he's better now. But the vet said it is not unusual as the tissue is fairly thin and can become irritated with scooting, scratching, licking, or even a particularly difficult bowel movement.

Not a huge worry if it is a tiny bit and doesn't recur, especially if your vet didn't see any problems.

Ah, the joys of doggie parenting. I never thought I'd care about this kind of stuff! LOL
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 7/13/2009, 2:04 pm

Lots of little blood vessels back there, he likely just broke one while scooting or pooping.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/13/2009, 4:42 pm

Thanks, everyone! I did change Wally's food recently, so I'm sure hoping that's not it! I'll wait and see, but if it happens again, I'll change his food again! (His poops look fine, though!)

And you're right--I would have never thought I'd learn these things! Laughing
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down