Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeah! Bubba and Tiny are now officially Altered and home safe!

+5
sallyandtilly
pugasaurus
northernwitch
Maryjo
Namgupehtnad32
9 posters

Go down

Yeah! Bubba and Tiny are now officially Altered and home safe! Empty Yeah! Bubba and Tiny are now officially Altered and home safe!

Post  Namgupehtnad32 2/1/2011, 7:54 pm

Eventhough we had snow and ice today the vet office still opened. I dropped them off at 10am. I called them at 2 and Tiny was through and Bubba was just starting to lift his head up. It took three incisions to find Bubba's non decended. The office sen me home with care instructions but i was just wonderin if anybody has some advice, or maybe something you know now but wish you knew then? Advice, tips, or suggestions? Oh and somhow they managed to charge me 160 more than the highestimate. But i dont care that much as long as my boys are ok!
Namgupehtnad32
Namgupehtnad32

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Yeah! Bubba and Tiny are now officially Altered and home safe! Empty Re: Yeah! Bubba and Tiny are now officially Altered and home safe!

Post  Maryjo 2/1/2011, 8:04 pm

When they have to go diving for a testicle, it always costs more.

I'm glad they're OK! Try to keep them quiet so they don't pull a stitch. Yeah, right...

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Yeah! Bubba and Tiny are now officially Altered and home safe! Empty Re: Yeah! Bubba and Tiny are now officially Altered and home safe!

Post  northernwitch 2/1/2011, 8:07 pm

Maryjo wrote:When they have to go diving for a testicle, it always costs more.

I'm glad they're OK! Try to keep them quiet so they don't pull a stitch. Yeah, right...

hug dog
Yep--playing hide and seek with a testicle can rack up the $$. Watch for licking, scratching, chewing. And yes, (laughing quietly into her hand) try to keep them quiet. The biggest thing is avoiding jumping up and down. Don't be surprised if they have diarrhea or nausea after the surgery. Pretty common. the guy with the Peekaboo testicle may have more difficulty recovering due to the more invasive nature of the surgery.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 2/1/2011, 8:22 pm

I'll third what everyone else says, mucking around for an undescended testicle can get expensive, but thankfully it's over and done with and not left up there where it can cause all kinds of mayhem!
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 2/1/2011, 8:31 pm

I'm glad everything went well and your boys are home with you.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 2/1/2011, 8:49 pm

If you can get your hands on something like the the comfy cone (http://www.allfourpaws.com/) which will allow them to still move fairly comfortably but not reach their incisions. Also, crate them when you're not able to supervise as they may lick each others sites. If they get dirty, lukewarm water or saline solution on some gauze can be lightly patted. Keep the sites dry though. Do not put neosporin or any topical ointment or cream on them.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 2/1/2011, 9:03 pm

I'm so glad they came through!!

My piece of advice is to make sure and keep them warm. They can have a hard time keeping their body warm after being anesthetized.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/1/2011, 11:39 pm

Yeah, great advice given so I'll just quietly snicker into my hand along with Blanche, about keeping 'em quiet, but ya gotta try hard! Just watch for redness, swelling or heat around the incision sites that develops a couple of days post-surgery. Could mean and infection brewing. And sometimes dissolving sutures inside can cause a reaction.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 2/2/2011, 10:07 am

I was thinking about them (and you) all day. It's always so scary when the special needs pugs go under because you never know what other issues they could have, so I was keeping all of you in my prayers.

Glad to hear all went well and your boys are now testes-free!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Namgupehtnad32 2/3/2011, 12:14 am

Thanks Roxanne and Everybody. Im so happy it went good. I know its a common procedure but when its your pugs your heart is in your throat all day. I did all tests before hand so I knew they were as ready as they were gonna be. Poor Bubs thou, lil guy needed 3 incisions to find the stubborn one that didn want to be found. Again thanks for all the support!
Namgupehtnad32
Namgupehtnad32

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down