Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Stewie's behavior

3 posters

Go down

Question about Stewie's behavior  Empty Question about Stewie's behavior

Post  donnag 10/25/2012, 11:13 am

Stewie has been with me a little over a year now, he has not shown one sign of aggression towards myself or Viv or anyone for that matter but he does do this one thing that is odd.
If he is on my lap and Viv wants to get up he will bop his head towards her, like he is saying nope she is mine. Viv is super sensitive and get in a tizzy over this. If I move him and pick Viv up and put her on my lap he will come over and cuddle into her.
At first I thought she was catching him off guard since he only has vision in one eye but he has done it about four or five times now, he doesn't go after her or growl just a little head bop.
Any thoughts?
donnag
donnag

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Question about Stewie's behavior  Empty Re: Question about Stewie's behavior

Post  ayleash 10/25/2012, 11:24 am

First guess: he's kind of wishing trying and in a habit now about pushing her button/edge (territory) questioning... He sounds not very committed to his offensive, but unable (or unware of it?) to not do it...

I hope someone else zooms in with a more definitive idea!

(I think you are amazing to pick up on these things! I am dumbfounded by they things I don't see going on between my dogs that others do!)
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 10/26/2012, 3:18 pm

He's asserting a little dominance, but not enough to be aggressive. I call it King of The Mountain. Mine do it too. Lap is prime real estate!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 10/26/2012, 3:21 pm

He's asserting a little dominance, but not enough to be aggressive. I call it King of The Mountain. Mine do it too. Lap is prime real estate!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  donnag 10/26/2012, 5:25 pm

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:He's asserting a little dominance, but not enough to be aggressive. I call it King of The Mountain. Mine do it too. Lap is prime real estate!

That would make sense. I will say to Stewie when he does it you can't always be King of The Hill.
donnag
donnag

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down