Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acne or worse?

+3
Pugsavers
lisamak
talia9210
7 posters

Go down

Acne or worse?  Empty Acne or worse?

Post  talia9210 3/4/2013, 1:00 am

Hii! I'm the proud mama of a beautiful 1 1/2 year old pug named Millie. I've heard that pugs are notorious chow-hounds and Millie proves no different. She'll eat her dry food so fast that she tends to choke. I read up on different ways to prevent this from happening, and the most effective so far has been adding water to her dry food. Sort of the "bobbing for apples" effect, I guess. Anyway, as of late, she has started getting these bumps on her lips (dominantly lower lip) and chin. They seem to be becoming more irritated so I was wondering if this is some form of acne caused by her dipping her chin into dog food/water or if it could be something worse. I'm thinking about picking up some witch hazel to help her but obviously I don't want to do that until I have more information. Anyone else go through something like this? Thanks! Acne or worse?  4161173967
talia9210
talia9210

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Acne or worse?  Empty Re: Acne or worse?

Post  lisamak 3/4/2013, 10:14 am

Does she eat out of a plastic dish? Acne and/or allergic reactions are most common with plastic dishes - I'd switch to ceramic/stoneware or metal. It could also be an allergic reaction to anything she's rubbing her face on. I'd go to the vet to have it looked at before you put anything on it personally, most of the time if its just acne it will clear up but if its going to get worse or itchy you may need to do some intervention that the vet can advise on.
lisamak
lisamak

Number of posts : 160

http://www.mydogcatering.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 3/4/2013, 12:38 pm

I agree with the plastics theory. Eliminate this culprit and see if there is a difference. I love stainless steel for water bowls...it keeps the water cool too.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 3/4/2013, 1:07 pm

I also concur with the idea of changing her bowls to start with. We use stainless bowls for our Pugs without a problem.
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 3/5/2013, 1:02 am

yup. stainless steel only bowls here as well.
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 3/5/2013, 2:11 am

If your pug loves plush toys, be sure to launder those often too. Those stuffies can hold loads of bacteria! Learned that back when my now-departed old girl was a youngster and having "problem skin."
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  donnag 3/5/2013, 6:11 pm

My girl Viv has gotten a pimple on her upper lip on and off for a few yrs now, I've had her to the vet and it always turns out to be nothing, sorry I can't be of to much help, but normally it goes away in a week or so.
donnag
donnag

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down