Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acne?

4 posters

Go down

Acne? Empty Acne?

Post  Newsie96 1/11/2010, 3:04 pm

Hello all,
Murphy had his recheck for his back and the vet said he seems back to 100%. He's been off the pain meds for four days and I have haven't heard a yelp on him. And instead of circling forever to get comfy, he's happy back on his bed and pillow. But we're still going to keep him quiet.

In other news, when Murphy was in the vet's office in mid December for his annual, the vet noticed he had a bump on his face. He said to keep an eye on it. Today I showed him the bump and another one that had appeared. He thinks it could be just a bump, but wants me to keep an eye on both. Murphy needs a dental so when he's under (shudder) he'll asperate it and if it looks funny under the microscope, he'll send it out for a biopsy. He's pretty sure it's not a mass cell, but he wants to be careful.

If it was a mass cell, would two be there? Could it be puggy acne? Duke had a similar bump on his face in the same spot and it went away. My thoughts are it could be a reaction from his metal bowl which Duke licks as well to make sure Murphy hasn't missed a morsal.

Jeff made an appointment for a second opinion with his vet and we're off on Friday. And both of their dishes have been cleaned and run through the dishwasher for good measure.

Thoughts?
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Acne? Empty Re: Acne?

Post  Not Afraid 1/11/2010, 3:06 pm

Both my pugs have had bumps appear on their face. I'm not sure if it is an ingrown hair of an irritation from being such messy eaters. I have always treated them with Malaseb wipes and they go away pretty quickly.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 1/11/2010, 3:29 pm

I had a suspician that the raw may be causing it since Duke had one as well. And they are pretty messy eaters, but they do lick their bowls clean!

Not Afraid wrote:Both my pugs have had bumps appear on their face. I'm not sure if it is an ingrown hair of an irritation from being such messy eaters. I have always treated them with Malaseb wipes and they go away pretty quickly.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 1/11/2010, 3:34 pm

Bruno occasionally gets cystic acne on his face. The Maleseb really helps control that. But once, it wasn't acne, it was a wart and he needed vet treatment to help resolve the wart.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/11/2010, 3:37 pm

Candace's Mookie--who is going on 8--still gets acne on occasion. I think you're smart to have the vet take a closer look, but just so you know, it's not always young dogs with acne......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 1/11/2010, 4:27 pm

Murphy had an issue with acne up until he was about two and then he was clear. He's now 5 and a half. I'll keep you all posted on what the vet says on Friday. (The second vet.)

northernwitch wrote:Candace's Mookie--who is going on 8--still gets acne on occasion. I think you're smart to have the vet take a closer look, but just so you know, it's not always young dogs with acne......
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/11/2010, 5:38 pm

First off..glad your lil one is doing better and off the meds! :) hooray.

sorry to hear about the bumps..could be acne, i would just watch it and ask next time you see the vet if they do not go away soon enough. Are they causing him any pain?

keep us posted!

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 1/11/2010, 6:46 pm

Now that his back is better, he's his happy, go lucky self. He's currently teasing his brother my playing with his baby. We're getting a second opinion on Friday at my husband's vet.

BruceLee33 wrote:First off..glad your lil one is doing better and off the meds! :) hooray.

sorry to hear about the bumps..could be acne, i would just watch it and ask next time you see the vet if they do not go away soon enough. Are they causing him any pain?

keep us posted!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down