Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you travel

+4
Sara
Not Afraid
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
ayleash
8 posters

Go down

When you travel Empty When you travel

Post  ayleash 9/15/2009, 8:52 am

I am taking a big road trip for a long weekend at the end of the month. All 4 dogs are coming with me (as they have roles in the wedding I am going to!).

Here's my question: When you travel do you "prepare for the worst"?

I found myself looking up (and mapquesting) the closest 24/7 Vet clinic to where we will be staying and "performing". Is that crazy? I guess it comforts me to know about the place, and that alone is worth something... but it seems a little neurotic! (are we all??)

The ceremony is going to be outside among wild flowers and laid back, but... one bee sting (or wild critter?!!) and we will be rolling, I figure... (Tho I will also be traveling with my benedryl in my pocket!)

In any case, the place is close (only 20 min from the hotel or the ceremony)... so here's hoping we don't need it!
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

When you travel Empty Re: When you travel

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 9/15/2009, 9:02 am

IMO, it's better to be prepared than not. If you hadn't familiarized yourself with the information, that would be the time you need it. Hopefully nothing will happen, but at least you will be ready, just in case.
Have a great time and gets lots of pictures!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 9/15/2009, 11:53 am

I have a list of the vets in Palm Springs save on my laptop for when we go out there. You're not paranoid at all. I also always travel with my pug first aid kit that includes benedryl as well as hydrogen peroxide (among other things).
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 9/15/2009, 12:15 pm

I agree it's better to be prepared, we don't leave home without CP's first aid kit, benedryl, eye wash, etc.

I can't say I always look up the nearest vet but 90% of the time we know people where we are going so they could tell us the name of their vet if needed.

Hope you have fun and everything goes smoothly!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 9/15/2009, 2:04 pm

Yes I do!! You just never know. I have a dog bag in the truck that always stays in the truck and it's got pretty much everything but the kitchen sink in it (lol)
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 9/15/2009, 6:58 pm

I'm feeling like a really bad pugmom now!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/15/2009, 7:21 pm

On our trips, I always carry extra of Penny's meds, a doggie first-aid kit, and two human first-aid kits. If we stay in one place for more than overnight, I check out the phone book for emergency vets and map them on Yahoo maps (MapQuest has sent me to the wrong place more than once). Ginger, you are not a bad pugmom! When you travel 335895
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 9/16/2009, 6:25 am

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:... gets lots of pictures!!

Thank you all for the reassurances. ... And as for pictures, it turns out I am going to be the photographer of the entire event! Say "cheese" When you travel Icon_lol
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 9/16/2009, 9:59 am

I do check for vets in the area that we are traveling too when we do go on vacation. I also bring all their paperwork with us when we travel. Just in case we have to visit a vet in that area, they can see all their records.
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down