Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel kit

+6
MommaJones
papaspugs
Lindsey
TxAllieGrl
PhoebesMommy
Saira
10 posters

Go down

Travel kit Empty Travel kit

Post  Saira 6/30/2010, 2:32 pm

Since I'm taking the pugs with me to SD, I am making a list of what i need to bring. At the rate I am going, I'll need a suitcase just for them. Anyways, what do you guys bring with you?
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Travel kit Empty Re: Travel kit

Post  PhoebesMommy 6/30/2010, 2:47 pm

well no matter where I go when I take Phoebe I always have a "diaper bag" packed for her. Now im not meaning to the park but like to a friends house. Yes I have a diaper bag for Phoebe. My mom got it for me for Christmas. It looks just like a babys diaper bag but it says Pet Mate on it. I always make sure I have food(about enough for 2 days), her little dishes (she has 2 sets of dishes, one for in the house and one for on the go), baby wipes, baby benedryl, toys, treats, and in the winter months I have a sweater for her, summer months I have her life jacket and towel I also have a copy of her shot records in the bag at all times. I would rather be too prepared than not prepared enough. I guess I look at her more like a child than a dog. Also I guess I always pack that just incase we were to get stranded somewhere. Now this is what I pack for her if we are going to a friends house or something. if I were going on a trip for a few days well I would have all of that and possibly her crate, and x-pen. yes id need a small SUV if I were going on a road trip with her in tow.

Last edited by PhoebesMommy on 6/30/2010, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/30/2010, 2:48 pm

PhoebesMommy wrote:well no matter where I go when I take Phoebe I always have a "diaper bag" packed for her. Now im not meaning to the park but like to a friends house. Yes I have a diaper bag for Phoebe. My mom got it for me for Christmas. It looks just like a babys diaper bag but it says Pet Mate on it. I always make sure I have food(about enough for 2 days), her dishes, baby wipes, baby benedryl, toys, treats, and in the winter months I have a sweater for her, summer months I have her life jacket and towel I also have a copy of her shot records in the bag at all times. I would rather be too prepared than not prepared enough. I guess I look at her more like a child than a dog. Also I guess I always pack that just incase we were to get stranded somewhere. Now this is what I pack for her if we are going to a friends house or something. if I were going on a trip for a few days well I would have all of that and possibly her crate, and x-pen. yes id need a small SUV if I were going on a road trip with her in tow.

I know!! My bf has a truck so we can't take that anywhere and I have a small car-I seriously need an SUV just for the pugs.

Travel kit Icon_lol
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/30/2010, 2:48 pm

the basics - food, treats, benadryl, beds, gates (if needed)

water - either gallons from the store, or bottled from your tap. I'm overly cautious about water, anything different in it could cause upset tummies. I'd rather pay $1 for a couple of gallons of water than clean up - well you know.

Blankets/sheets - to throw on the couch or wherever they will sit/lay in the hotel room. keep torture of housekeeping to a minimum.

endless patience - well, because it's Sophie

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoebesMommy 6/30/2010, 2:50 pm

Saira wrote:

I know!! My bf has a truck so we can't take that anywhere and I have a small car-I seriously need an SUV just for the pugs.

Travel kit Icon_lol

Well at leas I know if I were ever to come to Vegas or you were to come to Phoenix with pugs with us neither of us would think we were crazy for packing so much.
PhoebesMommy
PhoebesMommy

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/30/2010, 3:31 pm

TxAllieGrl wrote:the basics - food, treats, benadryl, beds, gates (if needed)

water - either gallons from the store, or bottled from your tap. I'm overly cautious about water, anything different in it could cause upset tummies. I'd rather pay $1 for a couple of gallons of water than clean up - well you know.

Blankets/sheets - to throw on the couch or wherever they will sit/lay in the hotel room. keep torture of housekeeping to a minimum.

endless patience - well, because it's Sophie

The water is a good one!
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 6/30/2010, 3:47 pm

TxAllieGrl wrote:the basics - food, treats, benadryl, beds, gates (if needed)

The water is a good one! Especially, in San Diego (I grew up there).

I think I do need a diaper bag or suitcase for the pugs. We have an SUV and the back is always filled with pug stuff, while hubby and I have just a small bag for us. I can't even think what it would be like if we had a couple of kids. I think I would need a bus for everything!

Hope you have a great trip!!
Very Happy
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 6/30/2010, 4:15 pm

Same as everyone else..
Shot records, food, water (I always carry water in my car just incase I ever end up stranded on the side of road, or in an accident, etc), Benadryl, I also carry Genteal drops incase they get something in their eye to flush out debris.

I also carry pain meds and sedatives, but they were prescribed for BG. I wouldn't give them to Lola unless I spoke to my vet first.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 6/30/2010, 5:55 pm

TxAllieGrl wrote: water - either gallons from the store, or bottled from your tap. I'm overly cautious about water, anything different in it could cause upset tummies. I'd rather pay $1 for a couple of gallons of water than clean up - well you know.

Yes, most definitely water. I always take bottled water for The Boys when I travel. My parents think I'm nuts. When we go to Colorado together, I make them pick up their dog's water because it's just from the tap at the cabin. Then I pour out bottled water for My Boys. My dad just rolls his eyes.

I always take antlers for them to chew in the evenings.

Poop bags!!!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/30/2010, 6:11 pm

Saira wrote:...I know!! My bf has a truck so we can't take that anywhere and I have a small car-I seriously need an SUV just for the pugs.

I bought my SUV in 2004 with the pugs in mind. I am so glad I did. It is perfect when we drag 7 (and often more) pugs to pug parties. I have to have room for them plus all the paraphenalia- the 5 gallon water jug, the Rubbermaid container with all the extras (bowls, flyers, donation jar, poop bags, treats, etc) and blankets or whatever else I need. *LOL*

Could be why my vehicle has the license plate PUGTRK on it.

Travel kit Pugtruck2
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/30/2010, 6:14 pm

MommaJones wrote:
TxAllieGrl wrote: water - either gallons from the store, or bottled from your tap. I'm overly cautious about water, anything different in it could cause upset tummies. I'd rather pay $1 for a couple of gallons of water than clean up - well you know.

Yes, most definitely water. I always take bottled water for The Boys when I travel. My parents think I'm nuts. When we go to Colorado together, I make them pick up their dog's water because it's just from the tap at the cabin. Then I pour out bottled water for My Boys. My dad just rolls his eyes.

The first think Linda and I got for the trip when she moved up here was a case of bottled water. We weren't taking any chances with sensitive pug tummies and strange water. Odie Mo & Diamond deserved nothing but the best on such a long trip!

Travel kit 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 6/30/2010, 6:47 pm

Hmmm, what's in my Pug Kit?

Poop bags
Hydrogen Peroxide
Baby Snot Sucker (for HP)
Saline wash (not for contacts)
Silver Protein
Ear Wash
Cotton pads
Eye ointment
Benedryl
Tweezers

Can of food
Can of pumpkin
Dehydrated food
Collapsible Bowl
Water
Malaseb Wipes
Baby Asprine
Metacam
Caninedophilus
Syringe & Droper
Sleepytime Tonic
Pet First Aide book
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/30/2010, 8:55 pm

Absolutely bottled water! I think everything else has been covered. When Penny and I went cross-country, I carried a doggie first-aid kit with vet wrap, baby aspirin, benadryl, food and a bunch of bottled water for both of us, a cooler for her yogurt and pumpkin and canned food, her cooling dress, Rescue Remedy and lavender oil, and her travel bowls (metal). And I agree, extra patience for traveling with Sophie.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/30/2010, 10:51 pm

You guys are good. And making me paranoid! Laughing
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/1/2010, 8:23 am

Lisa--what is HP (next to the snot sucker) and what is Silver Protein for?
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down