Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug

5 posters

Go down

Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug Empty Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug

Post  Pugsavers 9/18/2009, 6:28 pm

Charlie has been in PugSavers for several years. He had TONS of MCT's a few years back and he underwent chemo and did well except he had ongoing tooth problems. He had a dental 2 weeks ago and since that time has not been doing well..he stopped eating and became real lethargic.

The foster mom took him to the vet today and he is not doing well at all. He has a fever and is, as our vet said "just a lump". Normally he is a really bouncy pug.

We have no money right now and owe our vet almost $2000 before today so we can't "pull out all the stops" diagnostically for Charlie, like doing an ultra sound or endoscopy to see if he has an ulcer (he has been on Rimadyl but also on pepcid but that is not a guarantee).

He is going to have to stay hospitalized overnight..please keep Charlie in your thoughts and prayers.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug Empty Re: Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug

Post  Lilos Mom 9/18/2009, 7:12 pm

I will say a special prayer for Charlie tonight. Poor little guy....I'll also keep his foster family in my thoughts too.
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug Empty Re: Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug

Post  Aussie Witch 9/18/2009, 7:14 pm

Damn. Poor little guy. sounds like Pugsavers needs a cash injection. I can't afford much right now, but I will make a donation. Hope Charlie is okay!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/18/2009, 7:31 pm

Poor baby, I sure hope he is feeling better soon. All the rescues are hurting now it's so sad. I'll send them some money this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 9/18/2009, 11:14 pm

Our vet just called with Charlie's blood work...it looks like kidney failure. She said the treatment is basically IV fluids for 3 days. Not basically the best prognosis. She is going to run another BUN level in the AM and if there is no change and he still is so out of it, then it may be time to send him to the Bridge. The foster family does not want to be there but wants me to be there for him so I will honor their wishes if it need be.

Please keep Charlie in your thoughts and prayers that he is doing better in the AM.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/19/2009, 12:09 am

Many thoughts and prayers for Charlie tonight. I've only seen him on the PugSavers website - he kind of reminds me of Peg's late Tyler, who was always one of my crush pugs.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 9/19/2009, 12:21 am

Roxane... I can go with you, if that is the case. I have to bring Peachy in at 9:00, as her infection is back. I can always bring her back home and come back down again. Kelly will be there tomorrow.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 9/19/2009, 4:48 am

Oh no. Poor little guy. It's not sounding good. Thoughts and Prayers needed for Charlie, a PugSavers Pug Icon_cry
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down