Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on the Closing Rescue Pugs

+4
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
smoochieface
Pugsaunt
Pugsavers
8 posters

Go down

Update on the Closing Rescue Pugs Empty Update on the Closing Rescue Pugs

Post  Pugsavers 10/8/2009, 8:18 pm

Just wanted to let you know we are moving along on this. She is putting together photos of the available pugs and contacting the foster homes to see which ones would like to keep the pugs they are fostering. I think we got to the bottom of who started the crap going. The person who stirred the muck is now herself being investigated by several agencies and is sorry an apologized. Karma is a bitch.

I'm contacting local all breed rescues which are no-kill and which screen their homes first. Going to try to get them to take the mixes.

There is one little guy which we would like to get into Best Friends if anyone has any connections. He was blind from birth and kept in a small crate the first year of his life. He is a night time screamer and also a nipper, but is happy as a clam when it's just him and his rubber duckey and other toys. He is only about 6.

From there we will be seeing which other rescues will step up to the plate and what pugs they will take and then we will figure out how to get them there.

And if anyone figures out how to get about 20 more hours in a day, please let me know Update on the Closing Rescue Pugs Icon_eek
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Update on the Closing Rescue Pugs Empty Re: Update on the Closing Rescue Pugs

Post  Pugsaunt 10/8/2009, 8:53 pm

There are those who believe that the more egregious the act, the quicker the karma comes to fruition. Witness the person who started the mess. Glad things are moving along - let me know if I can help.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 10/8/2009, 11:02 pm

Roxane, did you get the doc I emailed to you the other night?
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/9/2009, 6:56 pm

There is obviously a lot of pug-politics going on behind the scenes, and probably many many sides to the story. I was sort of following it on another board, but no real details were posted-I won't share my opinion of the original poster.
I just wanted to say thank you Roxane for stepping up to the plate for these dogs. I can't imagine what it's like trying to do the best thing possible for the four-legged creatures with no voice of their own, and then having to deal with all the human BS that comes along with it.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 10/9/2009, 9:38 pm

Things are finally moving! Now that she sent out an email letting supporters know that she is closing, several people are finally stepping up. It's sad that it takes this to get people moving, but at least it is a start.

I have 2 all breed shelters in the Bay who are willing to take some...we're not sure how many or what "needy" dogs they will take, but it is a start. All of them have to have 2009 vaccinations so I am going to try to coordinate that with a vet we have worked with in Fresno before.

It is no longer looking like a hopeless cause! Yay!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/9/2009, 9:48 pm

Excellent news, Roxane! cheers
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 10/10/2009, 9:26 am

You are one of my heroes, Roxane! Bless you for all that you do. Update on the Closing Rescue Pugs 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 10/10/2009, 5:20 pm

I too want to say thanks for helping. I don't know the politics behind this, but am glad the dogs are being taken care of.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 10/10/2009, 5:41 pm

Thank you so much Roxane for helping with this. I know the pugs will be thanking you too.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 10/20/2009, 12:46 am

How have things been going? How are the pugs is what I am asking.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 10/20/2009, 1:18 am

Sara,
Because some of the things I posted here (which was the only place I had posted) were taken and warped and repeated on another forum, I'd rather not comment publicly. I'm afriad if I say "They are fine" it will end up being posted..."Guess what, the pugs have all been abducted by aliens!!". PM me and I will fill you in.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 10/20/2009, 9:42 am

Pugsavers wrote:Sara,
Because some of the things I posted here (which was the only place I had posted) were taken and warped and repeated on another forum, I'd rather not comment publicly. I'm afriad if I say "They are fine" it will end up being posted..."Guess what, the pugs have all been abducted by aliens!!". PM me and I will fill you in.

Completely understand! But thanks for helping!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down