Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Protein Treats/Snacks

4 posters

Go down

High Protein Treats/Snacks Empty High Protein Treats/Snacks

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/12/2009, 4:59 pm

Does anyone have any high protein treats or snacks that you/your pugs really enjoy?
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

High Protein Treats/Snacks Empty Re: High Protein Treats/Snacks

Post  smoochieface 10/12/2009, 5:01 pm

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Does anyone have any high protein treats or snacks that you/your pugs really enjoy?

Edamame beans.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/12/2009, 5:24 pm

smoochieface wrote:
Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Does anyone have any high protein treats or snacks that you/your pugs really enjoy?

Edamame beans.

OK, I've never had them before-can't say that I've even seen them in real life. Do you buy them fresh and then take them out of the pods?
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/12/2009, 5:41 pm

^ I get edaname at trader joes frozen and steam them. I get the ones in the pods since its fun to pop out. Asian markets usually have but it's sometimes labeled just soy bean or greater bean or in viet places dau tuong.

LuLu and I love turkey sandwiches. Just hers is just cheese and turkey though and I love mine with cranberry.

We both like eggs in all kinds of ways and plain greek yogurt, my portion I add fresh fruit and honey and hers plain.

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 10/12/2009, 6:29 pm

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:
smoochieface wrote:

Edamame beans.

OK, I've never had them before-can't say that I've even seen them in real life. Do you buy them fresh and then take them out of the pods?

You can buy them fresh and then steam them but I'm too lazy for that. I just buy the frozen ones from Trader Joe's or Ralph's.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 10/14/2009, 6:57 pm

My girls love dehydrated chicken treats -- they sell them in little "disk" sizes now so you don't have to tear up a big one. Just make sure that you get a brand that is made in the USA and doesn't contain chemicals or dyes. I got a container as a gift a while back and it lasted us quite a while.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 10/14/2009, 7:48 pm

I just started using Pure Bites at the suggestion of Lola's behavorialist. Lola is not very food motivated, but she loves these. I've only tried her on the Liver ones and then the chicken ones. They are small and will break into tiny pieces too. It is one ingredient, made in the USA.

http://www.purebites.com/
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down