Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Source inside the crate

+5
BDazzpugs
sallyandtilly
TNPUGMOMOF3
TxAllieGrl
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
9 posters

Go down

Water Source inside the crate Empty Water Source inside the crate

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/21/2009, 10:17 am

Mac's water is just in a regular dish inside his crate. It is inevitable that one of the times I come home-either at lunch or after work-he gets excited enough to tip the dish over. I do tell him "down" and wait until he is calm before I let him out, but at that point it is too late. I don't put a whole lot of water in it anyway-I don't think he drinks very much during the day, plus the spilling issue.
I'm just wondering what others do as a water source. I know they have those giant hampster cage bottles-but I don't know that he would understand that concept. I don't want to not put any water in there.
In the end, it just means a wet blanket when he spills, but I thought I'd see what others' solutions are.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Water Source inside the crate Empty Re: Water Source inside the crate

Post  TxAllieGrl 10/21/2009, 10:20 am

I got a little bowl that attaches to the cage - that keeps it from spilling everywhere. I do have to fill it often, but no big deal.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754647&lmdn=Dog+Kennels+and+Crates

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 10/21/2009, 10:21 am

Mine do not have water in the crates. Never have.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 10/21/2009, 10:27 am

Our door is sort of to one side, so I put the dish of water away from it.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 10/21/2009, 10:47 am

sallyandtilly wrote:Our door is sort of to one side, so I put the dish of water away from it.

Mac's crate, if you're looking at it, the door is also to one side, the left. So I put the water dish in the back right corner, as far away from it as I can. I don't know if he gets so excited that he knocks it, or if he actually picks it up with his mouth and turns it over. Sometimes it's just spilled, sometimes it's upside down amongst the blanket that's in there.
There are other times I come home-usually my trip home at lunch-where it's completely undisturbed and he's obviously just waking up.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  BDazzpugs 10/21/2009, 11:43 am

I use heavy ceramic inside the crate with puppies. As they get older they learn to work around the stainless steel ones without spilling.
BDazzpugs
BDazzpugs

Number of posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 10/21/2009, 2:58 pm

BDazzpugs wrote:I use heavy ceramic inside the crate with puppies. As they get older they learn to work around the stainless steel ones without spilling.

When we've had to break out the x-pen, I also use the heavy ceramic water bowls.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 10/21/2009, 5:04 pm

I only use water in their crate in the summer, if we are going to be gone for a while. Then I use one of the hamster type bottles. They smelled the water and all went right for it. No trouble at all.
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 10/21/2009, 6:33 pm

You can use a thing called a coop cup which is a metal bowl and hook over thing used generally in bird cages.

I have a plastic one that screws onto a cage with nut and bolt, designed specifically for dog crates.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Water Source inside the crate Empty water in cage

Post  Guest 11/4/2009, 11:55 am

i put a metal bowl in honey cage also, i dont put alot but enough....honey sometimes knocks it over and it get all over my mom hard wood floor because it spills out of the cage....umm i dont thin kyou pug is doin it on purpose b/c i no that honeuy doesnt bcause it does not happen every time i put her in the cage....when i did switch to a plastic bowl i found the it was tipped over almost every day..i thinks its because the plastic is to light is weight so i went back to the metal..but then again i dont know what kinda bowl you use soo just puttin my advice out there hope i helped a little bit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 11/4/2009, 12:00 pm

TxAllieGrl wrote:I got a little bowl that attaches to the cage - that keeps it from spilling everywhere. I do have to fill it often, but no big deal.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754647&lmdn=Dog+Kennels+and+Crates

Thanks everybody for your input. I did end up buying this one that Allie has, and so far it's worked great!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Back to top Go down

Water Source inside the crate Empty water

Post  Guest 11/4/2009, 2:01 pm

thats actually a good idea, i just dont think honey will get thepoint of the water inside of bottle and i dont think shell know what to do..

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 11/4/2009, 2:13 pm

BDazzpugs wrote:I use heavy ceramic inside the crate with puppies. As they get older they learn to work around the stainless steel ones without spilling.

smoochieface wrote:When we've had to break out the x-pen, I also use the heavy ceramic water bowls.
Moose has a heavy ceramic bowl in his crate, too. Not a huge one, but it holds enough water in case he has to have some during the day.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down