Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Seizure?

+3
Sara
MackandMattiesMom
Newsie96
7 posters

Go down

Mini Seizure? Empty Mini Seizure?

Post  Newsie96 4/27/2009, 2:05 pm

I've noticed Murphy doing this from time to time and he just did it again and for some reason this time it really scared me. When Murphy gets up from a nap or sometimes in the morning, his back arches and it's like he start air humping. But it's like he has no control over it and he's seizing. If I get his attention and pet him he'll stop. He'll walk and do this at the same time and it's like he has no control over it.

I just put a call into the doctor.

Has anyone ever seen this before? :pale:
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Mini Seizure? Empty Re: Mini Seizure?

Post  MackandMattiesMom 4/27/2009, 2:25 pm

Mack does the same thing every now and then. I just figured he was "excited" and didn't worry about it. He does it from time to time when he's outside or whenever the mood strikes. He's never humped a person, but he loves the air. Mack's weenie even comes out every now and then when he's doing it.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/27/2009, 2:28 pm

This just happens when he wakes up. And it's like he can't stop unless I help distract him.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 4/27/2009, 2:39 pm

I'll have to pay closer attention to see if he does it mainly after he's napping or what. I never bother distracting him as it doesn't last long and as long as he's not humping a person, he can go at it.

I hope it's just humping for Murphy. Let us know what the vet says. I know you're worried with his history of seizures.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 4/27/2009, 2:51 pm

I sure hope it's a silly pug behavior and nothing more.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/27/2009, 3:11 pm

I'm sure I'm just over reacting. But better safe than sorry.

And to make it an even better day, my poor Duke has diarrhea. So, both boys will be getting boiled chicken and rice tonight. I think the heat is getting to him. We went from 50 to 80+ in a matter of days and it's not sitting well with him. Poor baby!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/27/2009, 3:31 pm

The doctor called back. He wants me to try and get it on video next time. I guess I'll have the keep the camera at arm's length.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 4/27/2009, 3:46 pm

I hope it's nothing serious. Give both boys a hug and smooch from me.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 4/27/2009, 4:36 pm

I hope it's nothing serious, too. Let us know what the vet says if you're able to catch it on film. Kisses!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 4/29/2009, 9:18 pm

Hope it's nothing to worry about Sam!! Give that lovely boy a hug from me. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 5/1/2009, 5:18 pm

I have no idea if what he is doing is similar to another pug. Becky who posts on PV and is also a nipra volunteer recently was treating her pug for seizures, but the medicine wasn't working. After further testing, her pug has Addison's Disease. Just wanted to mention it since he was doing strange things that didn't really present as a seizure, but since they were not sure the doctors first treated him that way. He even saw a neurologist.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 5/4/2009, 2:14 pm

Murphy hasn't done it in the last few days. I'll keep you all posted.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down