Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think Betty had a seizure last night

+5
Rebecca and the Pugs
Not Afraid
Aussie Witch
papaspugs
Pugsavers
9 posters

Go down

I think Betty had a seizure last night Empty I think Betty had a seizure last night

Post  Pugsavers 2/14/2010, 1:12 pm

My baby girl is going to be 15 on April 1st and has been relatively healthy...heck, she's the only pug I have that can walk, lol.

Last night she was relaxing in her bed as I was holding Bailey on the couch when she made the oddest "scream". I looked over at her and she was totally rigid. I put Bailey in a bed and ran over to her, but by then she was laying normally but her tail was wagging like crazy. I got her leash and took her for a walk and she seemed normal. She did urinate a little during the event but she didn't evacuate her bladder...that was done on our walk.

Anyone had a pug do a seizure like this before??
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

I think Betty had a seizure last night Empty Re: I think Betty had a seizure last night

Post  papaspugs 2/14/2010, 1:27 pm

I have come to realize that seizures come in all shapes, forms, and sizes. Teddy would just zone off and that was a seizure for him, then he would also have the full blown type. Hopefully it was nothing. Sending hugs to Betty!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

I think Betty had a seizure last night Empty Re: I think Betty had a seizure last night

Post  Guest 2/14/2010, 2:35 pm

One of my rescues, Solomon has been doing that a bit lately. He is quite old, but in great health. He will be cuddling beside me on the couch, and then go stiff and stick his head up , lasts maybe 20 sec. Don't know what that is, but since he is quite old, I have quit having the vets try to figure it all out They never seem to know, and even if they did, what do you do?

He loves exploring in his cart, his food, his siblings (except Peanut whose barking annoys him), sleeping, snoring and cuddling. For him life is good and it will stay that way without poking, prodding etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/14/2010, 6:13 pm

I'm so sorry Roxane. Sometimes they momentarily don't get enough oxygen to the brain and this can cause something like what you describe. I know it happened to LouLou a couple of times and she was none the worse. Hugs to you both.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 2/14/2010, 6:45 pm

I know how scary this is, Roxane. Kimchi has had maybe 4 or 5 if these types of seizures. They're not regular and the only thing that any vet has suggested is that she isn't getting enough air. I hope it is simply that and not something more serious.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/14/2010, 6:46 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:I'm so sorry Roxane. Sometimes they momentarily don't get enough oxygen to the brain and this can cause something like what you describe. I know it happened to LouLou a couple of times and she was none the worse. Hugs to you both.
Roxane-
I know exactly what you are describing. Eddie had a couple of those too. He seemed fine after I would pick him up. Hope today is better.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 2/14/2010, 7:05 pm

Roxanne, hopefully it was just an isolated incident and she's feeling better today already.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/14/2010, 7:46 pm

Fingers and toes and paws crossed that it was a "one off" and doesn't happen again. Hugs to Betty and to you, you have been through enough, now!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/14/2010, 7:49 pm

I hope she is feeling better today and it was a one off thing!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/16/2010, 4:18 pm

Hope it was nothing too serious and doesn't occur again. Poor Betty. Sending positive vibes your way and hope she feels better soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 2/16/2010, 5:08 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:I'm so sorry Roxane. Sometimes they momentarily don't get enough oxygen to the brain and this can cause something like what you describe. I know it happened to LouLou a couple of times and she was none the worse. Hugs to you both.

I think that is what was happening with Thelma the last year or two of her life. She'd get excited about something, and slump over in a faint, as if she couldn't get enough oxygen. This mostly would happen when I first came home from work. As soon as she relaxed (in the faint) she'd get up and be just fine.

At 15.5 yrs of age, she finally had one that she didn't come out of, but I think it was either a heart attack or stroke.

I hope Betty doesn't scare you like that any more. I think Betty had a seizure last night 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down