Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So the poops tastes better, huh?

+4
dieselsmom
Saira
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Newsie96
8 posters

Go down

So the poops tastes better, huh? Empty So the poops tastes better, huh?

Post  Newsie96 12/7/2009, 10:54 am

Murphy has joined Duke in the quest for eating poop. Duke had gone on the pee pad this morning and I caught Murphy with a piece in his mouth. Drop it! Nope, he gobbled it up.

I called the vet and Murphy AND Duke will both be on something to make their poops bitter. The vet thinks the raw diet they are on is making their poops taste better. So the poops tastes better, huh? 19458 GROSS!

Can you think of anything grosser? Gag! So the poops tastes better, huh? Icon_scratch
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

So the poops tastes better, huh? Empty Re: So the poops tastes better, huh?

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/7/2009, 11:06 am

Quality food must make the poops taste better. Tyson loves LuLu & Mac's poop, and they eat Honest Kitchen.

I'd love to hear what your vet gives them and if it's successful.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 12/7/2009, 11:21 am

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Quality food must make the poops taste better. Tyson loves LuLu & Mac's poop, and they eat Honest Kitchen.

I love what Honest Kitchen is doing to the coats, but not their appetite! LOL

Do you add anything to their Honest Kitchen? I'll keep you posted on what the get prescribes.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/7/2009, 11:31 am

Newsie96 wrote:
Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Quality food must make the poops taste better. Tyson loves LuLu & Mac's poop, and they eat Honest Kitchen.

I love what Honest Kitchen is doing to the coats, but not their appetite! LOL

Do you add anything to their Honest Kitchen? I'll keep you posted on what the get prescribes.

They get yogurt in the morning with their food, and in the evening they get cottage cheese and pumpkin-and sometimes I supplement with green beans.
They also get "snacks" sometimes-either a little peanut butter and banana, or a little hard boiled egg.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/7/2009, 12:05 pm

Yeah I have noticed this too-Hooli started poop eating after switching to HK. ICK!!!!!!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 12/7/2009, 12:09 pm

Saira wrote:

Yeah I have noticed this too-Hooli started poop eating after switching to HK. ICK!!!!!!

Oh I'm so glad I'm not alone!! It's so nasty!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/7/2009, 4:52 pm

bleah! omg mine did that when he was younger and after many times of telling him "no!" gross..and him eventually getting embarrased, he has stopped.. phew! ..sounds like the stuff to make it taste bitter should help. ... but yeah..it's pretty yucky! lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 12/7/2009, 8:34 pm

Thank God everyone else is having the same problems with good tasting poop when they're feeding HK.

I personally think much of Grace's poop eating habits are so ingrained that no matter how bad the poop tastes, she'll still eat it. However, after switching her 100% to HK, she now has more poop snacks than ever. She has always had the ability to poop when she wants a snack. (Yes, gross, I know!) But last week, she had a poop snack in her crate at 1:30 in the morning. She's NEVER done that before - not in the middle of the night. Plus she's had a couple in there during the day - and it's not because she couldn't hold it til I got home cuz she poops 2-3 times in the morning before I leave for work. I think it's because she enjoys the HK poop and she wants to keep snacking on it.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 12/7/2009, 9:29 pm

Chyna is the only one in our house that eats raw. She eats the Brushtail dehydrated raw (basically possum) I'm happy to say that neither Tinker or Ruffy try to eat her poop, and she thinks her poop is an atomic bomb or something because she will run from it.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 12/7/2009, 10:30 pm

LOL! I just read some of these posts to Jeff and he just looked at the boys and shook his head. We're not alone - pug poop eaters UNITE!

dieselsmom wrote:Thank God everyone else is having the same problems with good tasting poop when they're feeding HK.

I personally think much of Grace's poop eating habits are so ingrained that no matter how bad the poop tastes, she'll still eat it. However, after switching her 100% to HK, she now has more poop snacks than ever. She has always had the ability to poop when she wants a snack. (Yes, gross, I know!) But last week, she had a poop snack in her crate at 1:30 in the morning. She's NEVER done that before - not in the middle of the night. Plus she's had a couple in there during the day - and it's not because she couldn't hold it til I got home cuz she poops 2-3 times in the morning before I leave for work. I think it's because she enjoys the HK poop and she wants to keep snacking on it.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 12/7/2009, 10:44 pm

Newsie96 wrote:LOL! I just read some of these posts to Jeff and he just looked at the boys and shook his head. We're not alone - pug poop eaters UNITE!

Sam, the worst part about all of this is that talking about poop in our house is so commonplace that I forget it's not something to discuss with "normal" people!! Josh and I can easily eat a meal and have a discussion about the pugs' poop and not think twice about it. In fact, one night, Josh was making dinner and someone had a poop on the kitchen floor. As I was cleaning it up, walking to the bathroom with the poop in toilet paper to flush it, we were dissecting whose poop we thought it was based on the size, color, etc. All the while, Josh went about cooking dinner, tasting it, and never flinching being grossed out that we were talking about poop! Hmmmm, I wonder what we ever talked about before the pugs came along!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 12/16/2009, 6:29 pm

Do other breeds eat poop or is it just pugs? I have never ever owned any other breed so have no idea.

I have one pug and three grand pugs. Three out of the four are poop eaters. UGH. However, Pepper the black diva is the fastest so she gets the most poop.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/16/2009, 6:41 pm

No, other breeds do it as well, but pugs are more likely to eat poop, it seems. I have a friend with a GSD and a friend with a viszla--both eat poop--but only frozen poop.

THANK GOD, none of mine do and they are all raw fed.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 12/16/2009, 6:47 pm

pugmom wrote:Do other breeds eat poop or is it just pugs? I have never ever owned any other breed so have no idea.

I have one pug and three grand pugs. Three out of the four are poop eaters. UGH. However, Pepper the black diva is the fastest so she gets the most poop.

I had a chihuahua who was a poop eater all her life until I switched to canned food for her when she got older. Then she just quit.

Tilly was a poop eater when she was little. I put hot sauce on it and let her have a bite. That pretty much cured her. I also make it a habit to always keep the yard picked up so she isn't tempted.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 12/16/2009, 9:43 pm

We try to pick up poop also. It is a challenge where my grandpugs live. They live on 8 acres of mostly decidious trees. They are free to pee and poop where ever they wish a long as they can be seen by whoever is out with them. It is nearly impossible to find all of the poop especially when the leaves have fallen. We call Pepper the "poop patrol" because she can find it almost anywhere! We just follow her around and try to get the poo picked up before she eats it. It is also very tricky to get it all picked up when each of the three go a different direction to do their business. So the poops tastes better, huh? 253213
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 12/16/2009, 9:44 pm

Well, I took Grace off HK and put her back on Addiction kibble and not only have her poop volumes gone back to normal, but she's no longer having poop snacks in the middle of the night or during the day. Thank goodness - we seem to have resolved our overabundance of poop!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down