Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microchip question for the rescues

5 posters

Go down

Microchip question for the rescues Empty Microchip question for the rescues

Post  ForeverHopper 12/9/2009, 9:29 pm

How does each one of the rescues handle the info on the chip. Do you register the pug when they get chipped with just the rescue's info? Do you put the foster home on it? Do you wait until the pug is adopted to register and then add the rescue and adopter's info on it? Do you just put the rescue's info on it only? I took over the microchipping responsibilty after two people were handling it and it was not managed well. I found several pugs not registered so that is fixed now. I want to know everyone else handles it so I can make the process better and run it smoothly. Any advice is appreciated.
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Microchip question for the rescues Empty Re: Microchip question for the rescues

Post  GingerSnap 12/9/2009, 9:33 pm

MAPR permanently registers the chips to them (the rescue) when they are put in or when the already-chipped dogs are surrendered. When I adopted Sammy, I was able to add my own personal info with the chip company, but I'm unable to delete MAPR as the primary contact. MAPR uses Avid, if that makes a difference.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 12/9/2009, 10:01 pm

We use Homeagain. They are now activated once put in the Pug with the primary contact being the rescue. Once our rescue is adopted, the primary contact becomes their new owner with PRN being a secondary contact.
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/9/2009, 10:29 pm

Lilos Mom wrote:We use Homeagain. They are now activated once put in the Pug with the primary contact being the rescue. Once our rescue is adopted, the primary contact becomes their new owner with PRN being a secondary contact.
We pretty much do the same. We use 24PetWatch
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 12/11/2009, 10:20 pm

We use Avid and we have them registered to the rescue and never take our name off. We had a perfect example of why we do this: We adopted to a couple who got divorced. The husband took the 2 pugs. We get a call from a pound that they have the 2 pugs! Turns out the husband moved in with his father who did not like the pugs. When the guy went to work, the Dad dumped the dogs at the pound!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down